Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my question is i'm not sure if it covers what you just described and was seeking clarity from this group - Alternative Fuels Data Center: Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Tax Credit

The tax credit for your home EV charger covers the hardware (charger, electrical wiring, breakers, etc.) and installation (electrician, permits). There isn't a specific credit for the NEMA 14-50 plug (which is a 120/240V AC 50 amp plug) but it is covered under the "hardware" portion. Depending on the amps of your wall charger, you may not need a 50amp plug and the additional cost of a beefier electrical wire from panel to plug.

If you use tax prep software, it will help with asking you questions on your EV car purchase that end up on the 8911 form.

Reactions: dohmahmigh
I've seen some others now getting EDD into April. Their programming must have finally caught up with all the orders from 1/13-1/20.
Yea maybe. I had two coworkers that ordered White MY LR and their got a VIN and EDD of like Feb 7, but they did order they same night the price dropped. I think I read somewhere that they do colors in batches and since Black I guess is the least popular they do it last :(

Interesting post on Reddit about the tax credit and timing. Definitely worth reading if you’re worried about the timing. It’s on the internet, so we can all trust that it’s 100% accurate and true.

I have also been researching and found this article on Forbes from 23rd Jan.

"

Timing of Guidance​

The white paper promised that the proposed guidance would explain the extent to which taxpayers can rely on it until final rules are issued. The length of time that Treasury and the IRS anticipate needing between the proposed and final regulations may dictate that determination.

Considering the heavy roster of clean-energy guidance projects underway and the possibly large number of comment letters on the proposed guidance, the release of final rules could take longer than ideal.

If the proposed guidance is released in late March with a 60-day comment period, it will be nearly June before the IRS and Treasury even have all the comments to work with in preparing the final rules. Even with all possible speed, final regulations are still a fairly long way off.
"

It suggests is that the proposed guidelines might be released towards end of March. Also it can take another 60 days on top of it to be finalized and implemented. But on the other hand a Democratic Senator Joe Manchin moved a bill yesterday to pause EV credits until the guidelines are finalized. Lets see what happens but hoping for the best.

I have also been researching and found this article on Forbes from 23rd Jan.

"

Timing of Guidance​

The white paper promised that the proposed guidance would explain the extent to which taxpayers can rely on it until final rules are issued. The length of time that Treasury and the IRS anticipate needing between the proposed and final regulations may dictate that determination.

Considering the heavy roster of clean-energy guidance projects underway and the possibly large number of comment letters on the proposed guidance, the release of final rules could take longer than ideal.

If the proposed guidance is released in late March with a 60-day comment period, it will be nearly June before the IRS and Treasury even have all the comments to work with in preparing the final rules. Even with all possible speed, final regulations are still a fairly long way off.
"

It suggests is that the proposed guidelines might be released towards end of March. Also it can take another 60 days on top of it to be finalized and implemented. But on the other hand a Democratic Senator Joe Manchin moved a bill yesterday to pause EV credits until the guidelines are finalized. Lets see what happens but hoping for the best.

ultimately it’s looking like the concerns of the actual date in march that the tax credit ends may be unwarranted. My EDD is 3/4-3/31, so that provides me some relief.

Reactions: Sohaib89
Am I the only one with a long wait time?? 😭

MYLR Black on Black
OD 1/18
EDD 31 Mar - 12 May
Location Florida

I've seen others that ordered black after me but not that big of a delay. I wish the wait would get me radar or HW 4 but I know that ain't gonna happen
I ordered the same specs as you except that I placed the order on 1/23 and my EDD is almost the same except 3 days later.