Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wanted an Austin build since I live near the factory, but after seeing an example of their recent sloppy work, I would rather have the experience of the Fremont factory on my next one. I changed my interior to white so I will hopefully have a better chance at getting one from CA, as they seem to still be doing most of the white interior builds.
white interiors are now being made in Austin too

Reactions: PewPew
One other thing I forgot to mention. While I was going crazy waiting for our M3 and MY a few years ago, I realized I had never "inspected in super detail" any other car in my 40 years of buying cars. I kept thinking about why I was so obsessed with every millimeter of gaps and such when taking delivery. All I could come up with was all the articles I had read in the past. We had a Honda minivan, Toyota Camry, Nissian 350Z, and I never paid any attention to those when bought new. We currently have a Volt, and after all the Tesla gap nervousness, I looked at the Volt and the hatch was way off center and had bad gaps. I came to realize no car is perfect, and if you go looking for issues (at least cosmetic) you will find something, just like my Volt. Probably does not help you all here, but meant to add that last night to my post.

Good luck everyone, hope you get your VIN's soon!!
Hey! I'm coming from a volt too. Off subject but its a 2015 with 129k miles, tesla offering 5200 for it, not sure if ill keep it as a winter beater or let them have it. ...

Reactions: bdhaduk and geekfam
How soon do you guys get assigned an SA? I dont even have one. I get random texts from Tesla, but nobody in particular helps me.
No SA for me also. Just doing everything through the Tesla app so far.

My wife did schedule a test drive last week, and we spoke with an SA there. Very friendly but man they're packed. The whole Tesla lot in NC has no room, so many cars parked in front of spots. Hope they're new cars, and not cars waiting to be serviced

Reactions: bdhaduk and PewPew
After reading this forum, I’m more certain mine is a reject. Tesla usually put 15 miles on MVPA as a default, but mine shows 29 miles. Wish they have fixed the issue…
Update:
Just got this from the delivery supervisor.
“Nope, that's not a reject! It had actually finished production on Dec. 31st. It is brand new! It takes time transporting to us as it came from Fremont.”