Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: My EDD changed overnight to 2/1 - 2/10. So I went from a 7-day window (2/6 - 2/12) to a 10-day window starting 5 days earlier. Aren't EDD's suppose to get narrower the closer you get to the delivery date?

OD: 1/13
Blue/Black/19”/Tow
VIN: 1/25 (Austiin)
EDD: 2/6-2/12
San Diego

Update on my MYLR order in New York

OD: 1/17
Blue/Black/Gemini
EDD: 3/5 - 3/31

New EDD: 2/22-3/29

Charger arrived last week, and I’m trying to figure out how to install this thing.

I have 150amps in my house and I keep reading conflicting info that it’s either ok or I need more than 200. Does anybody here know?

BTW, the sheer quantity of accessories for such a new car is wild.

I’ve already bought 21” Uberturbines and larger Falken A/S tires (for more comfort as this is the new family car: 265/40/21 F and 295/35/21 R. We’re trading in our 2020 RX350 so we already know this won’t be as plush but it’s ok.

I want to replace the wood dash and door panel accents (never liked them) with a matte CF set and there are so many I don’t even know where to start.

Reactions: TE5IA and GenYer
Two things I noticed:
  • There is a slightly larger gap on the left side of trunk compared to right when it is closed.
  • Two screws that were supposed to secure the rear paper license plate fell off yesterday when driving.
  • More force is needed to close MY doors compared to 2015 Pathfinder. The MY doors feel tighter, like they don’t easily swing open or closed. It’s not a good or bad thing.
Well that sounds like it was in great condition. What color did you have? We need more stories like this that solidly that Tesla's have GREAT quality. No one ever comes in with "good news" lol

I've read in a ton of places the Austin doors are tighter - our CRV is currently a bear to get the doors to close so I'm not worried.
Plus I'm sure that extra pressure between the seals keeps unwanted noise out.

Reactions: geekfam
Well that sounds like it was in great condition. What color did you have? We need more stories like this that solidly that Tesla's have GREAT quality. No one ever comes in with "good news" lol

I've read in a ton of places the Austin doors are tighter - our CRV is currently a bear to get the doors to close so I'm not worried.
Plus I'm sure that extra pressure between the seals keeps unwanted noise out.
Austin build here as well (built late December 2022, white), picked it up 1/18 from Kansas City. No complaints here either. Really the only two things I notice if I'm really looking is the frunk has a slightly larger gap on one side and the passenger door side window trim sticks out slightly more compared to the other side. Neither I really notice unless I'm looking though so doesn't bother me. I will say I whole-heartedly agree about the tight doors. At first I wasn't sure if it was normal so looked on line and it seems to be a a common thing. I don't have to outright slam the door but I do usually have to give it an extra little push/pull as it's closing. Doing that seems to get it to close every time. Not sure if this is just me doing something different due to the temperature but it also does seem to close more consistently with less force when it's colder (we've had some ~60 degree days here where it seemed to require a little more force than what I was typically using).