Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that sounds like it was in great condition. What color did you have? We need more stories like this that solidly that Tesla's have GREAT quality. No one ever comes in with "good news" lol

I've read in a ton of places the Austin doors are tighter - our CRV is currently a bear to get the doors to close so I'm not worried.
Plus I'm sure that extra pressure between the seals keeps unwanted noise out.
Mine is MYLR Metallic Silver. Handles well and quiet cabin until it goes above 80mph. The acceleration is ridiculous. It feels like I’m taking off in an airplane.

Reactions: WyoDude
please keep us posted, I am waiting for my red one...
Thanks. Carvana and vroom actually were lower still. Might try carmax, who knows, I guess.... maybe I'll ping 510 text and ask for more but read somewhere that it's pointless
I had a great experience with CarMax. Submitted Ridgeline info online and received an offer $2k higher than the next best offer (Carvana). Scheduled an appointment the next day, walked in with paperwork (title, reg), and walked out with a check for the full offer amount in under 10 minutes.

Question to the ones who already took the delivery; did you get any additional paper work to claim EV tax credit? since the Bill says you can claim either for 2022 (proceeding year) or 2023, just wondering anyone considering to claim the credit for 2022 tax year?

Reactions: nickkovach
I had a great experience with CarMax. Submitted Ridgeline info online and received an offer $2k higher than the next best offer (Carvana). Scheduled an appointment the next day, walked in with paperwork (title, reg), and walked out with a check for the full offer amount in under 10 minutes.
We did Carmax as well! They offered us $4000 more than Tesla did so we went for it. Gave us exactly what the online quote said, thats the one thing I was worried about. But we left with check in hand.

Reactions: PewPew
Question to the ones who already took the delivery; did you get any additional paper work to claim EV tax credit? since the Bill says you can claim either for 2022 (proceeding year) or 2023, just wondering anyone considering to claim the credit for 2022 tax year?
That isn’t what the bill says? Is it? I thought processing year only referred to income.

That isn’t what the bill says? Is it? I thought processing year only referred to income.
Here is the wording of the bill, looks like you can claim either in 2022 or 2023 as long as your AGI is less than the threshold.

(10) Limitation based on modified adjusted gross income.—“(A) In general.—No credit shall be allowed under subsection (a) for any taxable year if—“(i) the lesser of—“(I) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for such taxable year, or“(II) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for the preceding taxable year, exceeds“(ii) the threshold amount.“(B) Threshold amount.—For purposes of subparagraph (A)(ii), the threshold amount shall be—“(i) in the case of a joint return or a surviving spouse (as defined in section 2(a)), $300,000,“(ii) in the case of a head of household (as defined in section 2(b)), $225,000, and“(iii) in the case of a taxpayer not described in clause (i) or (ii), $150,000.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyclone
Finance question:

I had chosen payment method as cash, as someone had advised that for quicker VIN assignment.

I am applying to a CU but that's taking forever...

How long does Tesla finance approval take?
Would it affect my VIN assignment chances of i switch to Tesla finance now?

OD 1/15
EDD 1/30 - 2/13
I submitted my Tesla finance twice, first time it took less than an hour, second time it took 2 days. On their site it says most people get reviewed within 2 days so expect that.

Here is the wording of the bill, looks like you can claim either in 2022 or 2023 as long as your AGI is less than the threshold.

(10) Limitation based on modified adjusted gross income.—“(A) In general.—No credit shall be allowed under subsection (a) for any taxable year if—“(i) the lesser of—“(I) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for such taxable year, or“(II) the modified adjusted gross income of the taxpayer for the preceding taxable year, exceeds“(ii) the threshold amount.“(B) Threshold amount.—For purposes of subparagraph (A)(ii), the threshold amount shall be—“(i) in the case of a joint return or a surviving spouse (as defined in section 2(a)), $300,000,“(ii) in the case of a head of household (as defined in section 2(b)), $225,000, and“(iii) in the case of a taxpayer not described in clause (i) or (ii), $150,000.

What you highlighted just confirm Slayer’s point. You will claim in 2024 for your 2023 taxes if either (I) 2023’s income or (ii) 2022’s income is under the limit.

It doesn’t say you claim it on 2022’s taxes, just that 2022’s (adjusted gross) income can be used to qualify you for it.

How true is that?
It used to be true. Back when I ordered in March 2022, it was a real thing....to get properly in the queue it was best to set payment to cash and no trade in. People who didn't do those two things often had weird situations where Tesla viewed the profile as incomplete and you weren't "in line" till you had it complete. There were people that had incomplete profiles for 3 months and once they figured out why they weren't getting specific EDDs they ended up getting in line with people that ordered 3 months after them.

Now sometime mid-2022 people were told that this wasn't a thing anymore. Tesla honoured your original order date even if you didn't have a complete profile. But this was hearsay and I don't know for sure if that was true.

Basically if you get an EDD with specific dates (and not just the general months) then I wouldn't worry about it, you are in the queue. If you are sitting with just a generic Feb-Apr EDD for weeks then there may be something off with your profile.

What you highlighted just confirm Slayer’s point. You will claim in 2024 for your 2023 taxes if either (I) 2023’s income or (ii) 2022’s income is under the limit.

It doesn’t say you claim it on 2022’s taxes, just that 2022’s (adjusted gross) income can be used to qualify you for it.
Right. That language only talks about income limits. Not when the credit is applicable.

Carmax did do better!!... that being said, my edd is still 3/5-3/31, so I guess I'll have to redo the appraisal closer to delivery date as it's only good for a week. Removed trade from tesla app... now we wait :) thanks!

Reactions: PewPew
I am getting the PPF installed by a professional for $500. Did my research and got a good deal for it. But I will do the ceramic coating myself. Detailers charger north of $1000 for the coating which is not something I am willing to pay.
Same here, i plan on paying for the Front bumper PPF and ceramic coat myself. I bought ETHOS Ez-Pz ceramic coating due to the sheer amount of videos i've watched and horror stories of beginners trying ceramic coatings themselves. EZPZ - Ceramic Coating For Cars. When i finally get my car I will update everyone on the Ez portion of the coating.

For those that have taken delivery in January, is Tesla providing documentation for the federal tax credit. Per IRS FAQ:

Q7. What information does a seller have to provide to a taxpayer purchasing a new clean vehicle to allow the taxpayer to claim the new clean vehicle credit? (added December 29, 2022)​

A7. A seller must provide the following information on a report to the taxpayer and to the IRS:

• Name and taxpayer identification number of the seller
  • Name and taxpayer identification number of the taxpayer
  • Vehicle identification number of the new clean vehicle
  • Battery capacity of the new clean vehicle
  • Verification that the taxpayer is the original user of the new clean vehicle
  • The date of the sale and the sales price of the vehicle
  • Maximum credit allowable for the new clean vehicle being sold
  • For sales after December 31, 2023, the amount of any transfer credit applied to purchase
  • A declaration under penalties of perjury from the seller