Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’ve been misinformed. The only batteries that don’t have a 100% charging concern are the LFP batteries. That is NOT the 4680 battery pack in the MYAWD and its pack should still only be charged to 90% day-to-day.

Now if you decide to get a Model 3 Standard Range or a Model Y Standard Range Single-Motor/Rear Wheel Drive (not sold in US currently), then you will get an LFP battery.
Thank you. I probably mis-remembered the differences amongst the various battery pack technologies. By the way, I decided to stay with the LR -- especially since I ordered when the price was 52,990 and the SR is now the same.

Well… change of plans. After the IRS announcement this morning, I kept browsing the local inventory and I stumbled across a dark gray model y performance.

MYP Dark Gray 21” wheels
OD 2/3/23
EDD 2/3-2/10
Fremont VIN
Scheduled delivery date for this Monday (2/6) afternoon. Super excited. Coming from a 4Runner and Silverado 2500 Duramax, this will be a huge chance of pace for us.

Reactions: geekfam
You are getting your VIN. That's what happened to me. Congrats!
I dont think thats what It means. I just think the local inventory dried up. My EDD is end of March and I no longer see the option to view local inventory for an "accelerated delivery" I can view it manually just going to the home page, but it no longer shows up indicating "similar vehicles match your configuration" or whatever it used to say.

I dont think thats what It means. I just think the local inventory dried up. My EDD is end of March and I no longer see the option to view local inventory for an "accelerated delivery" I can view it manually just going to the home page, but it no longer shows up indicating "similar vehicles match your configuration" or whatever it used to say.
Yes that's correct

Reactions: Teasler
I don't ever remember seeing an edit button in the app. Where would that be? I just have the view option for the pre delivery steps.
It's not in the app. You have to visit your account page in a web browser. From the app click "manage" and it will open up your account page. Click on your order and it will bring you to a page summarizing your order and you should see:

Need to make changes? Edit Design (this will be a hyperlink to edit your design)
Please note that changes to your order could impact delivery timing, insurance, price and financing terms.

It's right below the option to cancel your order.

When I heard the news about new 80k cap for all MY, I went to available inventory and was offered to swap my MYLR order (OD: 1/14, EDD:2/10-3/10) with MYP. So, I took it and now have scheduled delivery date!

However..., because MYP already has 13 mi on it, I am concerned that it could be a reject.

My question to the folks on this forum is that if I refuse it, can I go back to the original order and not lose my place in the line, or am I screwed because I have to start the order process all over again?
Are you kidding your worried about 13 miles. People get real you can put 13 miles just transporting a vehicle and moving it around a parking lot.

For tower, I thought you could make donation to become a member.

That's the way it is for many credit unions. You need to check their field of membership. E.g., USSFCU will take a donation to the Capitol Historical Society. Apple FCU will take a donation to their education foundation., etc. Below is from Tower FCU's website:
  • Not eligible via above options? Become a member of TowerCares Foundation with a $35 donation. Make your donation and return here to Become a Member.
I have seen this, but look at the first point...

Make sure you have these documents on hand when you fill out your membership application:

• Your U.S. Social Security number (must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien)
  • A valid form of ID – a U.S. driver’s license or other U.S. government-issued ID (if Resident Alien card, valid State ID required as well), U.S. Military ID or U.S. Passport
  • A previous home address (if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)

Scheduled delivery date for this Monday (2/6) afternoon. Super excited. Coming from a 4Runner and Silverado 2500 Duramax, this will be a huge chance of pace for us.
In 2015 I switched from a 4Runner Sport 4WD to a Model S. I kept my 4Runner “just in case” as I was unsure about the Tesla. A year later I got an oil change because of age as the 4Runner only had 900 more miles on it from when I bought the Tesla. I sold it that summer as my only use of it was to keep the fluids cycled every 2-3 weeks.

With the Y, it should be even better! Congrats!

Well… change of plans. After the IRS announcement this morning, I kept browsing the local inventory and I stumbled across a dark gray model y performance.

MYP Dark Gray 21” wheels
OD 2/3/23
EDD 2/3-2/10
Fremont VIN
Hopefully this gets me one step closer to getting my LR.😀 I ordered the same config as yours and also live in AZ. I hope you enjoy your new MYP.

Reactions: ArizonaFish
MYLR white/black/19”
OD 1/25
Original EDD: Jan-Mar 2023
Updated EDD: TBD

Anyone else get updated to TBD??
Yup. I’ve been that way for 2 weeks. Basically they’re removed dynamic updates from the order is what I learned when I searched. You’ll still have an EDD in Tesla’s side of the system if you call or text, you just can’t see it anymore.

Reactions: Hiline
Anyone know how difficult it is to get approved with Tesla financing for the loan application? I ordered my MYLR white/white on 1/29 with a EDD of 3/13-3/31 but no VIN yet and was going to wait to do the application until I get a VIN. What kind of questions does it ask and do I need pay stubs? I just started my new job and don’t have pay stubs yet. My husband is my co-signer as well.

Reactions: bdhaduk
It's not in the app. You have to visit your account page in a web browser. From the app click "manage" and it will open up your account page. Click on your order and it will bring you to a page summarizing your order and you should see:

Need to make changes? Edit Design (this will be a hyperlink to edit your design)
Please note that changes to your order could impact delivery timing, insurance, price and financing terms.

It's right below the option to cancel your order.
I don't have the option anymore. I also recently locked in financing as the rates will probably go up, so not sure if that removed it or not.

Anyone know how difficult it is to get approved with Tesla financing for the loan application? I ordered my MYLR white/white on 1/29 with a EDD of 3/13-3/31 but no VIN yet and was going to wait to do the application until I get a VIN. What kind of questions does it ask and do I need pay stubs? I just started my new job and don’t have pay stubs yet. My husband is my co-signer as well.
I don't remember all the questions, but basically do you own or rent home, if own, how much do you owe; how long you lived there, total income, where you work, how long you worked there. And all the other stuff, like name, ssn, phone, address, etc...

Reactions: nurseyag