Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/15/2023 around noon
Greater Atlanta Area
MYLR, White/Black/19"
EDD Feb 11 to march 19
New EDD 1/10 to 2/14
VIN Assigned on 2/5/2023; appeared below the RM in the AP. No text No email
7SAYGDEE8PA06XXXX

QUESTION:
1) When I put it in VIN decoder the 8th digit indicates Dual motor standard drive
Should I be concerned?
2) Several people have sent text to SA how do I get a number to text?

Thanks in advance for replying.
ST

8Motor/Drive UnitE = Dual Motor - Standard Model Y
When you first put in your order you should have received a text with your reservation number and asking you to download the Tesla app (510 number for me). You can just reply to that text and an SA will respond back (usually took about a day to get a response for me).

When you first put in your order you should have received a text with your reservation number and asking you to download the Tesla app (510 number for me). You can just reply to that text and an SA will respond back (usually took about a day to get a response for me).
Thanks Donnie, I did not get any text only email with a link to download the app, instruction, etc. Looks like I am OK as I checked the VIN's of used cars on Tesla website and they all have 8th digit as "E" (checked for 2020 and few 2021 models). Once again thanks

Reactions: DonnieTC
Thanks Donnie, I did not get any text only email with a link to download the app, instruction, etc. Looks like I am OK as I checked the VIN's of used cars on Tesla website and they all have 8th digit as "E" (checked for 2020 and few 2021 models). Once again thanks
Interesting. I thought the text was a standard thing. Maybe it's Service Center dependent? Good to hear you're all squared away though and congrats on getting a VIN!

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
OD: 1/16 6am EST
EDD: 2/19 - 3/26
VIN: 2/4 (late last night)
Delivery: TODAY!

Things happened fast. I got the VIN last night and a test stating that delivery was ready at my local Tesla dealership. Thus, it seems like the VIN was assigned not when the car was produced, but after delivery. Not sure if this means the car I am getting was a reject? Well, so long as the issues are fixed, I'll take it to ensure full tax credit.

Austin build. 7SAYGDEE1PA06XXXX

For me it has been the same phone number throughout, just different people replying based on the stage I was in. Pre-sales was some pre-sales agent. When I scheduled a demo drive, it was the local rep where the Demo was scheduled from, and after my purchase it was the SA at Mt Kisco where the car will be delivered. All the same phone number. 510-800-8125. One time I thought I was texting the pre-sales person, and the local demo person in Albany replied.

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow

Things happened fast. I got the VIN last night and a test stating that delivery was ready at my local Tesla dealership. Thus, it seems like the VIN was assigned not when the car was produced, but after delivery. Not sure if this means the car I am getting was a reject? Well, so long as the issues are fixed, I'll take it to ensure full tax credit.

There may be a number of cars in transit where the customer changed their order in the last couple days after the credit limit increased to either higher speced LR or MYP. So I think we will see people get VINs of cars already on the way or just arrived at dealer more than normal for the next week or so.

OD: 1/15
Build: MYLR white/black, 19, tow, 5
Received VIN on 2/1 (Fremont build)
Original Delivery Date: 2/6
Reached out by SA that car is ready on 2/4, so I picked mine up earlier today at noon from Fremont delivery center.

I was so nervous as I have been hearing so much about possible quality issues, but it was in great condition. I had the full delivery checklist and spent about 45 minutes checking out everything, and everything passed. Took delivery afterwards, and I am a happy camper.

The majority of cars I saw while picking up my car yesterday had minor or no issues. Within the hour I was there, saw 10 or so drive off.

Reactions: geekfam
MYLR White/Black/19/Tow

Guess you have broken the record here, an overnight delivery! Congrats!

Update:

01/27: Mobile charger shipped
01/30: VIN assigned early AM, PF669XXX
Updated EDD: 02/08 - 02/14

Very excited! Hopefully I get the matrix lights too like others have been mentioning as it's out of Fremont!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Update!

Just received txt/email this morning to schedule delivery on 2/15!

ps. confirmed with SA that my build came with matrix lights as well. :)

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow

I've seen in other places where some people said they got the vin right before delivery at the local store. It could be that somebody cancelled an order or upgraded to performance and one was headed that way.

Yesterday I swung by my local center and it was jam-packed. Cars in almost every space and double-parked in the aisles, plus the overflow lot (down the street) was mostly full. Every car I checked looked in great shape. As I focused on white seat cars, they all were Freemont builds of PF663xxx with one performance at PF665xxx. All had matrix lights. Looking forward to mine arriving any day now (my EDD is 2/8-2/17).

Reactions: 455dan and geekfam