Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my MY a few weeks ago. Same exterior and interior color as yours but with 20” wheel. The ride quality is very good comparing to my 2020 M3 that I traded in as well as the 2011 BMW X3 that I still own. I don’t know what the ride quality of MY was from prior model years, but I am pleasantly surprise with how smooth and quiet the rideis. If you like the look of the 20” wheels, I say go for it!!
Thank you for your input. Appreciate it. It's ironic but I just received a text from Tesla asking me to consider upgrading to other paint, wheel options since the MSRP limit to claim the Tax Credit had gone up.
Congrats on your new MY. Glad that you are enjoying it. (Take care of those white seats though).:)
......Waiting patiently.

Reactions: geekfam
MYLR MSM/Black Gemini 5 seat
OD 1/13
1/14: EDD 1/15 - 1/26
1/21: asked for hold due to financials
2/2: removed hold
2/2 - 2/5: no EDD was shown.
2/6 - present: EDD Mar/May 2023

According to my local SA, I should get a VIN any day now based on her system but this Mar/May 2023 date is nerve-wracking and it is not updating to give any indication that I'll get a VIN soon. Has anyone seen a similar timeline? I'm worried that my local SA may be confusing things.
How do you place a "hold" on a order? Do you text the 510 number? How long can you place the hold for?
Looks like you were pushed to the back of the line when you took your order off of hold. Hopefully, you retained the original pricing from your 1/13 order date.

They don't read notes.
I asked NO FRONT PLATE.
Guess what the first thing I saw was.
Thankfully that wasn’t on! In fact my car wasn’t even in the lot. So when it finally showed up it had no plates on it at all so I ran out and stood by it and when they came out with the plates, I was like no front plate please.Then that led to another argument!

What was your order number?
I heard they can only make around 1500 cars per day, but I'm afraid just 1/13 and 1/14 had 30-50k orders
Will easily be 2 more months before 1/20 OD folks see any VIN assignment
I’m not sure if this is true. I ordered 1/19 and got my VIN yesterday. I had only completed the registration and trade-in information.

How do you place a "hold" on a order? Do you text the 510 number? How long can you place the hold for?
Looks like you were pushed to the back of the line when you took your order off of hold. Hopefully, you retained the original pricing from your 1/13 order date.
I asked my local SA to delay my delivery and she did something on their end and the system put the final “hold” on the order. I retained the original pricing and she told my order is prioritized based on order date, but EDD suggests I’m back of the line lol.

Reactions: Islander2
This seems to be pretty common weirdly enough. When I spoke to my local SA , she said folks are missing the email/texts and the vehicle gets placed on hold. After so long, the system automatically assigned it to the next person in your area.

My question is are they trying to call these folks and what kind of time frame you have before they give your car to someone else lol
No calls. For me vin got updated on the app and few hours after got a txt from 510 number to schedule delivery.
After that it's purely txt conversation with 510 SA...seems like a AI bot difficult to say

MYLR White/Black/19”/no other options
Loc: North California

ODD: 1/15

EDD: Jan-March
EDD update: 1/31-2/28
EDD update 1/31: 2/6 - 2/20
EDD update 2/7 :

MYLR White/Black/19”/no other options
Loc: North California

ODD: 1/15

EDD: Jan-March
EDD update: 1/31-2/28
EDD update 1/31: 2/6 - 2/20
EDD update 2/7 : 2/7-2/20

Just got my VIN when I checked the app a minute ago.

Fremont build

Sacramento CA

Just got my VIN when I checked the app a minute ago.

Fremont build

Sacramento CA
Congrats,
What is you updated delivery date now?
I am from Sac too just waiting for VIN
OD 1/17
White 19 white
Edd Feb 9-23

Reactions: Dynusor
I placed my order for a MY LR on 2/2/23. EDD is March-May. I was told by the service advisor when ordering that if the price happens to drop before the car is delivered, I would be eligible for the lower price. I'm wondering if this is actually true. Has anyone had this experience? I'm curious because I've read some discussions about a possible price drop in late March as the quarter ends.
Lots of people had that very experience on Jan 13th. Many got 20% cheaper cars because they had their original orders placed in Dec or early Jan. Some 7 seater orders are still being fulfilled from Sept/Oct. All of those people now got to pay the much lower price.

I asked my local SA to delay my delivery and she did something on their end and the system put the final “hold” on the order. I retained the original pricing and she told my order is prioritized based on order date, but EDD suggests I’m back of the line lol.
Getting a default EDD range that corresponds to the current new order EDD range is pretty common in situations where you take an order off hold. But it usually will update in 24-48hrs. There is also a thing where just before some people get assigned a VIN their EDD resets to that generic new order range. Usually if that happens a VIN is assigned within 24hrs. Your SA is correct and her system will show her your soft date so I'm sure you'll have your VIN very soon...probably today.

MYLR Blue/Black 19 inch (Base)
O/D 1/14
EDD1: Jan -Mar
EDD2: 2/2-3/2
EDD3: 2/5-2/19
EDD4: 2/6-2/19
EDD5: 2/7-2/19
EDD6: 2/8-2/19
EDD7: 2/9/-2/19
Still NO VIN

I don’t see this nightmare ever ending.It doesn’t make any sense. Customer Service is no help at all.

Going through the same thing. On Feb 1st, I received an updated EDD of 2/5-2/18. Updated each day thereafter to now which is 2/9-2/18.

OD - 1/18
MYLR White/Black 20 inch wheels

Can anyone verify that they are unable to edit their order after receiving that 80k text? I’m not able to edit which makes me think I’m locked into an order
Usually the presence of the Edit button is related to the status of your profile/account. Some people were able to get it back by changing their method of payment from cash to finance and having the finance details incomplete. But you can usually text, chat, call Tesla and they can re-enable the edit button.

OR...you can use the backdoor link to get to your individual edit page and do it yourself. This is what I did last year to change my color when I didn't have an edit link.
Link to use is www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######.
Use your unique RN# at the end of the URL. Typically you may need to enter that URL a couple times. I found it best to logout, enter URL, login (it probably won't take you to the correct page), click on Manage your order, enter the URL again...that usually takes you to the edit page. It was finicky sometimes but many people used this "trick" to do the edit themselves without having to get a response from Tesla to re-enable it. This method ensures an SA doesn't screw up and creates a new order with higher pricing. Doing it through the edit window makes sure you get time of order pricing (important if going MYLR to MYP).

Reactions: rizradmd