Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Seattle area!
Great. Which one did you go with for the loan and the rate, if I may ask?
I just used the Tesla loan, which turn out to be Wells Fargo Auto. The rate is 5.59% and I used 72 months to keep my monthly down, but plan to pay it off quicker. I just like having to the option not to have a large monthly bill.

Hey gang, I got to see my new MYLR today and they agreed to deliver a day early (tomorrow). Also for those in AZ a truck load of new Teslas was delivered Sunday in Tucson and another truck seen today full of Teslas with maybe more for tucson and some for Phoenix too perhaps. I took a ton of pics and videos as many suggest.
Thank you for the report! I hope there were a few white ones among them.

Tesla, it would be a great relief if you would deliver mine early. In fact, two months to the date of my order and on my birthday would be very welcomed indeed. 😀

Respect the EDD? It's an estimate and Tesla more than kept their end of the bargain by delivering earlier. I get that it's not convenient for your schedule, but there are many people who would love to be in your position.
Yup; respect the EDD range, at the very least. And if they're customer-centric, maybe even go the extra mile and accommodate a small delay in cases where the reasoning is there, but that's icing on the cake.

I don't see how that's controversial. While I appreciate that it's available sooner and understand more people would love to be in my position, it's at the very least bad business, imo, to expect people to bend their life on a whim and offer no recourse beyond "get back in line and make it work next time - you have one more shot". We're paying a decent penny and should expect some level of respect, imo.

Anyway, this is beyond the point of my original post. Lmk if you have any insight on how they handle VIN reassignments. Trying to decide my next move.

Reactions: imgcs and Puka Bum
Yup; respect the EDD range, at the very least. And if they're customer-centric, maybe even go the extra mile and accommodate a small delay in cases where the reasoning is there, but that's icing on the cake.

I don't see how that's controversial. While I appreciate that it's available sooner and understand more people would love to be in my position, it's at the very least bad business, imo, to expect people to bend their life on a whim and offer no recourse beyond "get back in line and make it work next time - you have one more shot". We're paying a decent penny and should expect some level of respect, imo.

Anyway, this is beyond the point of my original post. Lmk if you have any insight on how they handle VIN reassignments. Trying to decide my next move.
I see your point and hope that you can work it out in your favor.

I think others hear have laid out what happens, which I recall the most crucial step is to release a hold using the Tesla app which triggers Tesla to reassign the next matching unit.

Most people seem to get their 2nd VIN in 1-14 days. You do not go back of the line. It can be very quick. So quick that a couple people on the forum got assigned the same VIN...LOL

I have been trying to link my Credit Union account to Plaid (Connexus Credit Union). It gets all the way to where I can tap on the savings account I want to use but get the following message:

"Couldn't connext to your institution. If you need to use this app immediately, we recommend trying another institution. Errors like this may take some time to resolve, so you may want to try the same account again later:

I pick up my car (yay!) on Tuesday, 21MAR. I have tried numerous times this past week. Anyone else have problems with their bank and Plaid? Solution?

After buying this car I cannot afford the $20 charge to transfer the monies to my other bank's account o_O:p. Especially taking into account that then I would have to pay that bank a charge for the certified check (if I cannot link 5th 3rd's account). I guess I will have to give up Starbucks for a few weeks!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: zroger73
Yeah agree however it's an example of how not focused on customer service they are - this could be so much more "tempting" if they simply matched most of what I'm getting and have only one thing different like 20" wheels or no tow hitch or maybe just a different color. Items like Autopilot, FSD and 7 Seaters are too much of a difference. They could have a "check inventory button" always present somewhere on the page for general perusal but the "Accelerated Delivery Available" popup should be reserved for closer matches otherwise it's an annoying distraction.

Also the fact that they are popping up close to the start of the EDD is kind of irksome as well, why do this? Not going to suddenly switch if I am anticipating a delivery soonish unless the system knows something I do not. There should be an EDD range check as well.

I love the idea of a Tesla EV (and Tesla's "mission") so these are just minor quibbles in the scheme of things.
Agree with this, especially that it is a minor annoyance that certainly could be improved upon. I constantly get “matched” to cars across the border in OH which I CANNOT get because of the state registration/sales restrictions Tesla has. I pretty well immediately learned to ignore this “feature” of the website since I was only getting matched with 5 seaters with 20” wheels from a state I couldn’t buy from…

Reactions: erktrek
A couple of random thoughts for the day:

1. We're halfway through March and there's still been no EV tax credit guidance issued (now that I say that and considering my EDD is March 23-31, watch it happen on March 22). :)

2. My EDD changed to March 23-31 7 days ago on March 8 with no changes either way since then.

I still don't have a VIN, but hopefully both of these are positive signs. I know that at least one batch of my configuration has been built because I saw one on WaitingForTesla that showed it was built on March 13.

I seem to have drawn the short stick for deliveries.

MYLR/Blue/Black/19/Tow/5 seats
Ordered on 2/12
EDD is April 24th to June 5th
This is similar to what most of us have been experiencing. That EDD looks more like a placeholder anyway and will change. If you were expecting a March delivery then that may be a tad over-optimistic given the ton of orders that happened in Jan. There are ways to try and game the system however - look through the comments on this thread for more info. Definitely keep an eye out on "waitingfortesla.com".

Reactions: imgcs
Does tire size really matter? Disappointed to see that someone in Austin with OD of 02/11 got their VIN today (03/14), while we are still waiting with an OD of 1/25. Per the spreadsheet, the only difference between their "build" and our "build" is tires (them, 21"; us, 19"). I can understand tow hitch mattering, but are the wheel wells different between these builds? Congrats to them, but how did this car jump the line?
I am in the same boat like you. We had ordered when the prices were lower and now the base price of MY has gone up. If you add the options and accessories, Tesla gets more profit for the latter vehicles than those ordered during price cut. I have seen the pattern where people have ordered as recently as end of Feb and received their vehicles (which were priced higher) in March. This is how Tesla works and prioritizes profits. I won't be surprised if they push back those orders even further. My guess is they will ramp up these orders after March 31st or as soon as IRS releases their guidelines. people are still ordering MY hoping to get it before the tax credit guidelines and looks like Tesla is favoring the higher priced cars till then. After the guidelines are released the order will slow down and then Tesla will be in no rush to prioritize the higher profit margin orders.

This is similar to what most of us have been experiencing. That EDD looks more like a placeholder anyway and will change. If you were expecting a March delivery then that may be a tad over-optimistic given the ton of orders that happened in Jan. There are ways to try and game the system however - look through the comments on this thread for more info. Definitely keep an eye out on "waitingfortesla.com".
Yeah I keep checking there. I've seen some I would take a road trip to buy, but unfortunately it looks like they can only be registered in their current state or one bordering it.

Reactions: erktrek
This is how Tesla works and prioritizes profits. I won't be surprised if they push back those orders even further. My guess is they will ramp up these orders after March 31st or as soon as IRS releases their guidelines. people are still ordering MY hoping to get it before the tax credit guidelines and looks like Tesla is favoring the higher priced cars till then. After the guidelines are released the order will slow down and then Tesla will be in no rush to prioritize the higher profit margin orders.
I still don't buy that theory. If they prioritize high-margin orders in Q1 and push the low-margin orders to Q2, then they're going to have a bad Q2. They'll have to build the lower-margin vehicles at some point - if not now, then later, so why does it matter? If they loaf around and don't deliver those lower-margin models before the $7,500 tax credit ends, a lot of potential buyers like me are going to give up. Much of the avalanche of orders that came in was due strictly to the price drop and tax credit - if not for those, Tesla wouldn't have got as many orders. In short, the low prices brought in that flood of orders because of price-sensitive people like me. If the tax credit ends before Tesla delivers, many, if not most of those orders will be canceled and demand will drop back down to what it was before the price drop and tax credit. It is in Tesla's best financial interest to deliver as many vehicles as possible regardless of margin before the $7,500 tax credit ends - it's better to sell two vehicles at $5,000 profit each than one vehicle at $9,000 profit.

Last edited: