Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a notice that I picked up my MYP Red/White today and my delivery process was flawless,
as was the car. I was very anxious, not knowing how the car would look. All gaps and paint
were excellent. Interior spotless. I happened to be the only one there at the time doing a pickup.
The rep set up my phone to the car and installed the license plate. I installed the front mud flaps
and was on my way. SC is 16 miles from my house. Car was charged to 83%.

I hope all those waiting have as great a delivery as I did today.
My O/D was Feb. 3 but I delayed delivery a few days due to foul weather, so basically 7 weeks.
A sigh of relief that I will qualify for the IRA.
I ordered right after the ceiling for rebates was raised to $80k. Price increased $500 the following day,
and $1,500 the following week. For once, I got lucky buying when I did.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 129
Just a notice that I picked up my MYP Red/White today and my delivery process was flawless,
as was the car. I was very anxious, not knowing how the car would look. All gaps and paint
were excellent. Interior spotless. I happened to be the only one there at the time doing a pickup.
The rep set up my phone to the car and installed the license plate. I installed the front mud flaps

My O/D was Feb. 3 but I delayed delivery a few days due to foul weather, so basically 7 weeks.
I ordered right after the ceiling for rebates was raised to $80k. Price increased $500 the following day,

Congrats!!! Fremont or Austin?

Oops I forgot that about MYPs being exclusively Fremont. But this gives me hope for flawless delivery of my Fremont build!

Got VIN two days ago and EDD was changed to 4/1 to 4/7. SA texted today and requested that I schedule delivery on the evening of 3/31 - EOQ rush, for sure!!

Long story short, that date didn't work well so I called general number and got pick up appointment on 3/29. Got through right away, and the guy was way more helpful than texting SA. Car is still in Fremont, but hoping this date will stick as my wife (who will be on title and reg) is supposed to leave town on the 30th.

Anyone have thoughts on how long the train trip from SF to Chicago usually takes?

Last edited:
Reactions: HitchHiker71

Congrats!

I think your delivery experience was indeed extremely lucky because not only did you have a flawless car, you were the only one there doing pickup and even had the Tesla advisors helping you with various things. I've heard of only the opposite of the experience you had (Tesla location being crowded, car having issues, no one there to help, etc).

I opted for EAP and I don’t see any features in my MYLR I just have a basic auto pilot no summon no auto summon do I need to activate anything
None of the EAP parking features are available yet if you have a car without USS.
The latest version of FSD Beta FW did add back distance measurements but still didn't add back the EAP features.

We don't know when the update for distance measurements will come to non-FSD cars nor when the other EAP parking features will return like Summon and Auto Park.

For those of us who are concerned about timing of the proposed regulations for the tax credit, this is just my 2 cents - do your own research. But based on my own research and experience, I am personally confident of the following:

1. Per the statute (Inflation Reduction Act) and the IRS guidance (cited by zroger and others), the proposed regs will apply to all deliveries after the date the proposed regs are issued - which means the date they are published in the Federal Register.

BUT: the proposed regs may be different than the final regs (which would likely be retroactive, IF they are more favorable then the proposed regs), so all is not necessarily lost if the proposed regs turn out to be less favorable to EV buyers than the final regs. There will be another round of public comments before the final regs are issued - and the final regs will also need to go to OMB prior to publication in the Federal Register.

2. KEY POINT: all proposed regs (and final regs) are subject to review by the White House Office of Management and Budget, or OMB, before they are published in the Federal Register. It usually takes OMB at least a month to review - but it could be shorter (or longer) for political or other reasons. OMB lists all regulations that have been submitted to them for review by various agencies on their "dashboard." Just search for OMB dashboard on google.

The regulation we are all worried about will be submitted to OMB by Treasury, which includes the IRS.

As of today, Treasury has not submitted the proposed reg to OMB - you can click on the bar chart on the OMB dashboard to see what's pending from Treasury. Which means we should have some time - at least two weeks from the day it's submitted to OMB, and probably much more since this administration seems to want to subsidize EVs as much as possible. Until then, we get the full $7500 per the temporary guidance.

Hope this helps for folks who are worrying - but it's also one more website to obsess on!

Last edited:
Curious how your insurance worked out. Were you able to take delivery in CA with just proof that you had an existing auto policy with other vehicles covered or did you have to present proof that you had the new Tesla VIN listed on the policy at time of delivery?

Once I get a VIN and delivery date, I was hoping that I could just upload my current auto policy and then add the Tesla the day I take delivery. I'm in California.
I uploaded my existing insurance info on the app and when we picked up they never asked for proof of insurance

Yesterday I picked up my MYLR5, blue, black, 19, tow, OD 1/15, VIN assigned 3/3, Paramus, NJ.
SA would not unlock the car until I accepted delivery in the app. Fremont build, 5 miles on the odometer, slightly misaligned tailgate, service ticket entered. Appointment next week. As expected, no USS or Tesla Vision park assist feature. Hoping to see a "near future" software update bringing back some version of park assist.
This our second Tesla so I wanted to use one key card to unlock both cars. Two sales advisors at Paramus said this was not possible. Later found this is possible simply by going into the Locks menu and click Add Key. Tap the key card currently paired with the car then tap the key card from the other car. Now that card unlocks both cars.
The Paramus delivery center was very busy with customers on a Monday afternoon, so not much hand holding. I expect the staff could be overwhelmed at the end of this month.
What was your order date? I don't see it in your sig line.