Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart. I definitely fall into this camp of having many desired configurations. I ordered an MSM MY but would gladly take a white or blue MY if it were available. Their current accelerated delivery options is a bad take at solving this problem.
Well we might be getting some additional hw updates like the Hairpin Stator if our vehicles are coming from Austin at least that's what this article is claiming... also I did not know Model Y rear drive units were/are potentially an issue.. yayy something else to freak out about!

Took delivery of my MYLR last night. The delivery text take about extra license plate and windows stickers. I didn't get any. Do we usually get this??

6. Extra License Plate, Window Stickers & DMV document for wet-signing (if applicable) can be found on front row seat or near center console

Took delivery of my MYLR last night. The delivery text take about extra license plate and windows stickers. I didn't get any. Do we usually get this??

6. Extra License Plate, Window Stickers & DMV document for wet-signing (if applicable) can be found on front row seat or near center console
I got extra license plate and temporary registration card (DMV Doc). But I did not get any window stickers for sure.

Reminder to verify the Federal Truth-In-Lending disclosures section of your contract. Tesla submitted a version of it to the bank that had different values than the copy they gave me. The bank rejected saying it doesn't calculate. How that can happen is a mystery to me.

Tesla said it'd take 2-3 days to make a new contract. I contacted Tesla Funding Resolution via email explaining the contract differences and got no response after 7 days. Called today, left a message, got call back saying they have no idea what happened, so they're going to undeliver the car to regenerate the paperwork again. I hope my temporary registration doesn't run out before this gets resolved

Tesla Lending Question: one person on loan, two co-registrants?

I'll be financing my MY with a CU. One person will be on the loan. Two people will be on the title and registration. I have approval with the CU to do this and have talked to others who have structured their transaction this way. All is fine on that front.

My alleged delivery date is 3/30-3/31 yet I don't have a VIN assigned... This means that my delivery date will either be pushed back or that I'll be caught in Tesla's end-of-quarter Hail Mary where a VIN is assigned last minute and delivery is immediately available. In the latter case, my CU will not be able to fulfill the loan in such a short notice. Therefore, I'm considering applying for Tesla Lending and refinancing with my CU. Has anyone been able to apply for a loan through Tesla Lending under one person but have two co-registrants on title and registration? I see that their FAQ explicitly states that this isn't possible but the same paragraph also states that this isn't possible via a third-party lender either which I know for a fact is not true, so I'm wondering if this is also not true for Tesla Lending? Hope that wasn't too confusing. Thanks in advance!

You are very perceptive - recently retired after long career in software development with latest role as product manager for several software vendors.

As you pointed out, things are often more complex than first meets the eye.
Haha thanks! Figured when I saw a bulleted list with several sub-bullets and everything organized like requirements/acceptance criteria. And agreed that these things are way more complex than they seem.

TLDR version:

Delivery was smooth. About 30 minutes total. Love my MYP so far. The internet stories are mostly overblown.

I took delivery this morning of my MYP (Blue/black). We had significant snow the night before, and mice had decided to disable my fridge this morning, so I had a lot on my mind. Top that off with having to leave for the airport in the afternoon for a business trip, and I’m surprised I remember anything.

My car was ready and the SA helped me immediately. He took the keys of my trade in and asked if I had taken everything out. I did, but went with him to check anyway. Turns out a forgot my garage remote on the visor (a common thing, he said).

I looked over the exterior of the MYP while he removed my old plates. I didn’t see anything wrong with anything. It looked good, all shiny and new (that would change soon).

We went inside and signed like 4 papers and I accepted delivery on my phone. We went into the car and he walked me through the setup. I’ve rented 3 Teslas recently and watched every YouTube video on the MY (EVERY VIDEO!!!), so I was as familiar as I could be. I scanned the interior as he talked and couldn’t find a single thing wrong.

After the SA left, I sat in the parking lot, playing with everything and setting things up the best I could. Did I mention that it snowed the night before? Yeah, that shiny new exterior didn’t last long.

I played with it as much as I could before my plane trip. I had to immediately drive to Best Buy to buy a freezer and ice to salvage some of the food in my fridge. Fortunately behind the Best Buy is this nice, straight, long and quiet road where I could , um, test my acceleration (many, many times).

The drive to the airport was smooth and uneventful. I have noticed there may be an alignment issue as the car slightly drifts to the right. I don’t know if it’s just all the roads are uneven, or there’s an actual alignment issue. I made a SC appointment just in case.

Speaking of, I don’t think there’s a hard and fast time limit on reporting defects. My SA said 24hours/100 miles. I mentioned my 2-day business trip and he said that should be fine. If I had to guess, it’s up to 7 days/100 miles, despite what your SA says.

Sad I had to leave it so soon, but can’t wait to drive home when I get back!

LATE POST

ODD 1/23
MYLR 5 seat/Blue/Black/19's

So my delivery was set for Sunday 3/26 but got a call from an advisor asking if I could go in on Saturday the day before instead.

Pick up appt was set to 3/25 at 4PM in Upland, CA
Arrived at 3:30 but they took me right in

Signed papers and had my check from my CU ready in hand but asked to wait on handing it over until I inspected the vehicle,
They agreed and did not give me any trouble at all. Waited about 45 min and they pulled my MYLR up to the delivery lot. Vehicle was locked and they said it would open once I accepted delivery on the app. I told them I didn't feel comfortable doing that until I inspected the interior. The SA went back inside to ask if that was ok and came back and unlocked it for me. Once I inspected I went back inside to hand over the check and accept delivery.

Vehicle was flawless in my opinion, had some dust from the transit I'm assuming but was also a very windy day so it could have been that too? Wasn't a big deal, just wiped it myself.

Love the vehicle so far! I feel like the wait was definitely worth it in my opinion.
Car had about half charge on it but I charged it to 90% at home on my wall charger.

Added the Tesmanian Spoiler already
Really easy to install and worth the money, quality is great.

Looking forward to making some memories with my newborn and wife in this thing!

Attachments

• 419DFED5-E212-4D4C-B422-C5071809CB49.jpeg
    419DFED5-E212-4D4C-B422-C5071809CB49.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 361A7C1C-8A97-4F70-8E41-F295FC72BE38.jpeg
    361A7C1C-8A97-4F70-8E41-F295FC72BE38.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 72
Welp, got a text from Tesla this morning that our DD was delayed from 3/28 at 4:00 PM to 3/31 at 10:00 AM. We couldn't do the 10:00 AM timeslot so it was changed to 3/31 at 4:00 PM. Figured this might happen due to transportation and delivery related delays - it's going to make for a longer week LOL.
I have same delivery and time for MYLR in Princeton, NJ location...

MYLR W/B Base OD : 1/23 evening EDD1: Jan-Feb EDD2 on 2/14: 3/21-3/31 EDD3 on 2/28: 3/16-3/31 EDD4 on 03/12: 4/4-5/31 EDD5 03/20: 04/07-04/12. Got VIN today at 9AM! Location: Massachusetts. Same EDD

Do I need to have Proof of Insurance right away? Getting some quotes right now.

Reactions: Byce007