Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion of Lazer Linear LED bar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it’s dumb, it’s just one of those must haves that I want. I drive on dark rural roads often and seeing the capabilities of this tech would be a huge benefit to me.

You should go with a LED bar. :D
Lazer Linear 18 elite with 12150 lumens.

IMG_4728.jpg

I think you can buy them from the UK. No doubt in my mind that they will work with US cars. Every car has an electrical supply, most of them12v, so I have to assume that they’ll work on US cars, The specs are 9-32v, 6.6 amp draw. For me the only question is how to wire them on a Model S plaid. 6.6 amp draw puzzles me though for LEDs.

I found a US seller, here's a link.

Last edited:
I think you can buy them from the UK. No doubt in my mind that they will work with US cars. Every car has an electrical supply, most of them12v, so I have to assume that they’ll work on US cars, The specs are 9-32v, 6.6 amp draw. For me the only question is how to wire them on a Model S plaid. 6.6 amp draw puzzles me though for LEDs.

I found a US seller, here's a link.
Thanks Artsci!!!

What do you guys think- will Tesla bark at this and try to say you voided your warranty if you installed this light bar?

I'm really dissatisfied with the headlights on my 2018 MS. Since there's no upgrade path on the lights themselves that will fix the problem without creating other issues, this looks like the way to go... thoughts?

Just to fulfill curiosity, you should post a night time pic illuminating the road!

I ordered the Lazer Linear 18 elite with 12150 lumens from Lazerlamp today, along with the wiring, center mount, and a wireless CANBUS device. When they arrive (probably next week) I’ll install itl on my Model 3 and take some photos at night with it on and off. When my Model S plaid plus arrives, I’ll switch it from the Model 3.

In response to an email I send to Lazer Lamps they told me that for the Lazer Linear 18 Elite to work on the Model 3 you will need to order all these devices:

Linear-18 Elite

Single-Lamp Wiring Kit (Low Power, 12V)

Lazer CAN Contactless Reader

LAZER CAN INTERFACE (DUAL-OUTPUT)

Yes, you will need the 1) Lazer Linear 18 led bar, 2) wiring kit and 3) CAN reader.

Lazer Wiring kit Single-Lamp Wiring Kit (Low Power, 12V)

If you have and only if you have a pre-facelift X/S can you split the wires and take the signal directly from the wires, otherwise you will need to use a CAN reader. Please note that very new Model 3 might not work with these readers.

The other anternative is to use an ALC box (CAN reader). Our neighbours from Norway have made a direct box without any need to split wires, etc. etc. just pure plug-n-play. Adapter til ekstralys Tesla Model S

This is also what I used. Quite easy to use and fully removable. What is also nice is that blinking five times the left signal indicator turns it off (again 5 times turns it on again). Note that auto-high-beams will not work.

20210219_142233000_iOS.jpg

What do you guys think- will Tesla bark at this and try to say you voided your warranty if you installed this light bar?

I'm really dissatisfied with the headlights on my 2018 MS. Since there's no upgrade path on the lights themselves that will fix the problem without creating other issues, this looks like the way to go... thoughts?

Quite a few have these in Finland (and Norway) and never heard that anyone would have had any problems with Tesla warranty.
I had mine installed when I last time were at the service center and they said nothing (as they shouldn't). What they might do is get you to sign a waiver that they take no responsibility of the device, as they would with any aftermarket installation (even rims :D).

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Yes, you will need the 1) Lazer Linear 18 led bar, 2) wiring kit and 3) CAN reader.

Lazer Wiring kit Single-Lamp Wiring Kit (Low Power, 12V)

If you have and only if you have a pre-facelift X/S can you split the wires and take the signal directly from the wires, otherwise you will need to use a CAN reader. Please note that very new Model 3 might not work with these readers.

The other anternative is to use an ALC box (CAN reader). Our neighbours from Norway have made a direct box without any need to split wires, etc. etc. just pure plug-n-play. Adapter til ekstralys Tesla Model S

This is also what I used. Quite easy to use and fully removable. What is also nice is that blinking five times the left signal indicator turns it off (again 5 times turns it on again). Note that auto-high-beams will not work.

View attachment 638059

Will the auto high beams work with the LazerLamp can readers/devices?

Will the auto high beams work with the LazerLamp can readers/devices?
I'm not sure why it wouldn't? The car is just looking for headlights and other vehicles headed towards your vehicle, and if it sees them sends the command on the bus to flip the lights to low beam, and then back to high beam when that condition no longer exists. As long as the CAN bus reader can intercept that message, the light bar should follow suit.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't? The car is just looking for headlights and other vehicles headed towards your vehicle, and if it sees them sends the command on the bus to flip the lights to low beam, and then back to high beam when that condition no longer exists. As long as the CAN bus reader can intercept that message, the light bar should follow suit.

That’s what I was thinking. But nonetheless just contacted LazerLamps by email to confirm. I’ll post their response when I get it.