Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion of Model 3 Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow that front end is fugly to me. Like a pig nose.
This is a tough crowd! I guess I won't be posting a picture of myself on this forum!
m1733.gif

It may even be federal requirement to clearly differentiate the turn signal from any other light sources.

It is in the FMVSS 108 when the DRL and signal are in the same housing or too close to each other.

FMVSS 108 said:
Each DRL optically combined with a turn signal lamp must be automatically deactivated as a DRL when the turn signal lamp or hazard warning lamp is activated, and automatically reactivated as a DRL when the turn signal lamp or hazard warning lamp is deactivated.

Each DRL not optically combined with a turn signal lamp must be located on the vehicle so that the distance from its lighted edge to the optical center of the nearest turn signal lamp is not less than 100 mm.

There are exemptions if the turn signal is at least 2.5x brighter than the DRL.

Then there are cars that go completely around it by having the DRLs be in a totally different place. Like the e-Golf's "C" shaped DRLs.

--Carlos V.

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
It is in the FMVSS 108 when the DRL and signal are in the same housing or too close to each other.

There are exemptions if the turn signal is at least 2.5x brighter than the DRL.

Then there are cars that go completely around it by having the DRLs be in a totally different place. Like the e-Golf's "C" shaped DRLs.

--Carlos V.
Thanks. I figured it would have been in that section, just was too lazy to look it up. :p