Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion of Space Tourism and Commercialization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning Axiom Space announced the four crewmembers for Ax-1 (Believe they're officially going with a lower case "x") to be launched aboard a F9/Crew Dragon. They state it will be the first entirely private crew mission to the ISS. I guess these guys might be paving the way for Cruise and his stagehands. The earliest expected launch date for Ax-1 is a year away, January 2022. Robert Pearlman's article appears to be the most informative link.
Axiom Space names first private crew to launch to space station | collectSPACE

This morning Axiom Space announced the four crewmembers for Ax-1 (Believe they're officially going with a lower case "x") to be launched aboard a F9/Crew Dragon. They state it will be the first entirely private crew mission to the ISS. I guess these guys might be paving the way for Cruise and his stagehands. The earliest expected launch date for Ax-1 is a year away, January 2022. Robert Pearlman's article appears to be the most informative link.
Axiom Space names first private crew to launch to space station | collectSPACE

Anyone know much much the paying passengers are paying?

$55 million. I expect that is for all four.

So I should keep myself in shape so that I/we/you can make one of these flights in a decade or so? You know - when it's all more flight proven and the cost comes down. You can't take it with you, but you can buy some awesome experiences!

I'm thinking I'd love to get a few months on the ISS (or a commercial equivalent). Heck - they can put me to work taking out the trash, cleaning the toilet - whatever; I'm flexible :)

Reactions: EVCollies
With a very brief question to Elon in the article:
SpaceX announces first mission to space with all-civilian crew

Details on the why and who will be going:
US billionaire buys SpaceX flight to orbit with 3 others

145306345_10164757283900611_3392808127549689951_o.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a current list, in launching order, of Commercial Tourism Crew Dragon flights:
1. Inspiration4 to LEO in late 2021
2. Ax-1 to the ISS in early 2022 (January for now)
3. Space Adventures to LEO in mid 2022
4. Tom Cruise + Director to the ISS in late 2022

Then you also have the Dear Moon Starship around the Moon. That will happen whenever Starship and Super Heavy are ready and crew rated. I'd guess at 2024 or later.

Three of the four Inspiration4 seats will be decided soon. The seat contest will end at "11:59 PM ET 2/28/21. Winner of each must be physically & psychologically fit for training and spaceflight, and must meet the requirements to be admitted into related government facilities. See *Official Rules* for complete details void where prohibited."

Maybe there's a recent TMC Teslanaire willing to go all-in for the St. Jude "Generosity" seat? There's still an opportunity to win with less. For as little as $10 you'll get 100 entries!:D More details can be found here.
Inspiration4 - Home
"Secure Your Seat" entry information is at the top of the website.