TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Discussion on other Tesla-related mailing list

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Palpatine, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

#1 Palpatine, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
    Moderator note: This was moved from the Production/Delivery Status thread.

Was this a new mass email sent today? I never get these things for some reason.

2. Lancelac

Lancelac 2010 Roadster Sport #690

me either... I think some of what I paid for my Roadster should go to this site. ;)

3. samcarney

samcarney Sam C

Me also! Is there a mailing list we need to be on??

4. Tdave

Tdave Member

It was a semi-private email to an email list listserv group consisting of (maybe a couple dozen to a few dozen I think) Roadster owners.

5. samcarney

samcarney Sam C

semi-private email? Apparently all Roadster owners are not created equal.

6. Tdave

Tdave Member

It's a listserv group created by one of the early Roadster buyers. It's not associated with Tesla. However Elon is a member and very occasionally will post.

7. ra-san

ra-san Member

I don't think its anything like that samcarney.

If you are an owner, then you can poke around the owners' forum on the Tesla site and find a post about a yahoo group set up for roadster owners. It was quite a while ago, and there was a proliferation of roadster sites/groups for a while, till a couple leading sites emerged to mostly, but not completely, consolidate the community of interest.

That group is where the message went. For the most part it's just a very low volume email list (many days no messages at all), and you get a lot more info from the owners board or from here, but Elon has responded to something on the list a time or two. Other than tidbits like that, which are great to see, but also always either come from somewhere else too, or get spread to the owners' forums, here, etc., most items I see are quick questions, or things I see discussed a lot more on the forums or here. It's just the different style of email vs. forums work better for some people.

I don't know why Elon does the (very) occasional reply to the list rather than quick posts in the forums, blog entries, etc. I suspect because a quick reply to a very small daily email digest (the way he seems to be subscribed) is a lot "easier" in terms of time allocation than reading through multiple threads on the forums, or writing something for the target audience (and scrutiny) of the corporate blog the way that's now set up.

8. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

This website (TMC) is far more active than the owners forum. The analysis of any new Tesla news and info is also more active.

The only advantage to the owners forum website is that sometimes Tesla employees like Zak will post to carify information.

9. samcarney

samcarney Sam C

Thanks. Sometimes the conspiracy theorist comes out in me.