Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: "Powerwall +"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is at least logical. It is not what I was told about my units, but I guess time will tell.
I confirmed Tesla that my Powerwalls were manufactured in November 2020, and this method is consistent with that. My SNs start with TG120310, TG120314, and TG120315, which would indicate manufacturing in the first and second weeks of November. They were installed the third week.

However, my part numbers are all 1092170-05-J. Wondering if the main difference in the new ones is a newer inverter model and thus some manufactured during this "transition" time period used old inverters that were still in the warehouse.

Reactions: Enginerd
However, my part numbers are all 1092170-05-J. Wondering if the main difference in the new ones is a newer inverter model and thus some manufactured during this "transition" time period used old inverters that were still in the warehouse.
That would be entirely consistent with previous major component changes on Tesla products.

They keep going until the bin is empty then start on the new stuff so one line can be producing 'new' untis while another is still using up old stock...

I confirmed Tesla that my Powerwalls were manufactured in November 2020, and this method is consistent with that. My SNs start with TG120310, TG120314, and TG120315, which would indicate manufacturing in the first and second weeks of November. They were installed the third week.

Yeah just confirmed my three have SNs that start with TSN120312… so they were manufactured on November 7th and installed December 4th.
And they are part # 1092170 as well. No plus for me, oh well.

A proper install would not put a load bigger than 5.8kW on a 30 amp circuit with 10 gauge wire. 30amps * 80% * 240volts = 5.76kW. That's not a 50% power increase from 5kW.
Just for the record, your statement is missing the word continuous, as in continuous load. For a non-continuous load it can be the full 7.2 kW.

[And starting surges for motors and the like can be more in practice. So it would be fine for a Powerwall to support, say, 10 kW for 10 seconds on a 30 amp circuit, if it is capable of doing so.]

Cheers, Wayne

Just for the record, your statement is missing the word continuous, as in continuous load. For a non-continuous load it can be the full 7.2 kW.

[And starting surges for motors and the like can be more in practice. So it would be fine for a Powerwall to support, say, 10 kW for 10 seconds on a 30 amp circuit, if it is capable of doing so.]

Cheers, Wayne
And yep, 10 gauge wiring and a 30 amp breaker are just fine

Here’s my PW2+ installation. Note that the new PW2+ Does allow the solar array to do net-metering (back feeding the grid) while supplying power to both home use and battery storage.

Attachments

• 6F33A433-206E-4A1C-9A43-802BA0A701BF.jpeg
    6F33A433-206E-4A1C-9A43-802BA0A701BF.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 146
  • ABB289C0-0A32-49CB-9D61-717B85470F8F.jpeg
    ABB289C0-0A32-49CB-9D61-717B85470F8F.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 91
Huh? So say your generating 8kW, house is using 1kW and PW is charging at 5kW. What happens to the other 2kW? Curtailment?
I may be misunderstanding, they said it does allow feeding the grid, not doesn't. In the event that grid feeding is not permitted, then the solar side production would be reduced to the house + PW charge demand (potentially under utilizing the available panel capacity).