Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion re: the Dislike Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TSLAopt

Supporting Member
May 20, 2013
Northern Cal
Very nice! I was driving a 1999 Toyota Camry at age 22. I applause you for your success! Now personally I still consider myself somewhat young at age 30, and i am a tech geek, love everything on the X that has not been done previously in mass market. I love the FWD, the center console, the bio-defense filter, auto presenting door, one piece helicopter cockpic etc even the front doors gave me so many problems. Maybe the age plays a little bit in liking or hating certain part of the car. At end of the day, people will get use to the doors and all other crazy technologies that have went into the car.

Mmd and Blastphemy, both disliked post bc truth is not easy to acknowledge.
Would love to have either of you weigh in and express why you have "dislike" what I am suggesting as the truth on this FWD issue

...upon further investigation I'm really just interested in BLASTPHEMY's answer (looking at MMD's old posts he appears to be a big TSLA bear and perhaps even a payed troll/shill for Mercedes or some other German car company, or at least he dislikes Tesla with a passion enough to actively monitor and post negative things on Tesla and TSLA in these forums very regularly)

Blastphemy,
I'm interested in your opinion on why you don't like the FWDs or think they were a mistake or are not progressive or whatever has caused you to dislike my posts about why they are the next big innovation in car doors. It appears you have an X from your past posts. Do you not like the X? Or is it just the FWDs you don't like?
Not to get too personal but do you happen to have kids in car seats by any chance?

Last edited:
Personally I think the dislike button shouldn't exist on this site.

(Looks below to see the dislikes :) )

I like your attempt to make it more 'peaceful' on here but I think the dislike button serves a critical function on here. Helps us figure out who is who (e.g. There are definitely lots of paid/hired trolls by other auto companies and hedge fund bears who troll this site regularly trying to cause FUD on both the stock and the product itself for potential buyers of TSLA stock and Tesla products)

I also don't understand why Blastphemy and Eclectic won't open up and explain why they dislike my Pro-FWD posts in this thread.
Not to pry, but I'm just trying to get a productive discussion going, sort of like therapy when talking about an issue that someone views as unpleasant or conflicting or polarizing (e.g FWDs on the X)...I suppose they can remain silent and just continue to use the 'dislike' button on each of my posts (along with MMD) but this does not help the TMC community at large to understand why certain people don't like FWDs

Blastphemy in particular as he seems to own an X, I'm really curious on his opinion and if he will share if he has kids in car seats or not.

(mmd disliked all my posts but I think he is perhaps a troll based on his history of posts if one looks at his profile, eclectic disliked all my posts and he does own an S it seems but doesn't appear to own an X so I wonder what he is basing his dislike of the FWDs on since he hasn't yet experienced them as an owner)

Yes, Tesla stands for change and some people really don't like change, especially some older people.

Not sure why TMC club member "Eclectic" disliked your post and my post about FWDs being progressive, perhaps he is one of these older people who doesn't like progressive new technology...although I think he has a P85D.

Eclectic, are you out there still? Care to chime in on why you don't like the FWDs if you don't own an X and haven't experienced owning an X? Are you perhaps being fooled by the few owners of the X who have "FWD horror stories" and post about those horror stories on TMC? Without realizing that over 90-95% of X owners love their FWDs (I'm sure a year from now Consimer Reports will release some survey to support such a stat)

Interesting that you'd ask me to explain a thumbs down vote. Do you do the same for thumbs up votes? And how do you know I don't like FWDs? Seems to me that you are just jumping to conclusions with no real evidence (see, e.g., your made up "90-95%" claim).

Perhaps what you are missing is not my imagined disdain for FWDs; rather, it may be disdain for the tone of the post itself. I'll leave that one for you to figure out.

I have been opposed to the dislike button because what I have seen is that lots of folks just click "dislike" and leave. No meaningful discussion, just a "dislike", dare I say, middle finger to someone's post (that's what people feel like, I believe).

Yet what I have seen here is how everyone is using the feature to look at who posts and rates, to call people out with great effect. People who have been called out for disliking have generally been coming back and responding with why they rated the way they did. And in some cases changing their ratings. Kudos for all you guys and gals for calling people out and encouraging a greater discussion about the topics. And kudos to those who responded and explained themselves.

A forum should be a place where people discuss things. Not just thumbs up and thumbs down. We're not deciding who lives or dies in the gladiatorial ring. Rather trying to learn about things and share experiences and ideas. Thanks all for not letting the "dislikes" go unquestioned.

Interesting that you'd ask me to explain a thumbs down vote. Do you do the same for thumbs up votes? And how do you know I don't like FWDs? Seems to me that you are just jumping to conclusions with no real evidence (see, e.g., your made up "90-95%" claim).

Perhaps what you are missing is not my imagined disdain for FWDs; rather, it may be disdain for the tone of the post itself. I'll leave that one for you to figure out.

ok, email/text can easily be misread in terms of tone so I will do my best to be more sensitive for those who take things personal on message boards as sometimes I can be on the other side of that too and feel like I'm being attacked personally and know how that can feel, I apologize for that if that was the case. I appreciate your willingness to share and welcome it so I will adjust my tone going forward as perhaps others could be offended by it too if I'm not more sensitive in presenting my pro-FWD case on this thread.

I just assumed since most of my posts on here are Pro-FWD based that you were disliking them because you are Anti-FWD as I believe you must have a view on the FWDs while you are perusing this thread which is about a 'perceived' problem with all FWDs.

Although you don't own an X, do you have one on order? or are you planning to order one?

I am very well connected within the Tesla community and know many Tesla owners over the years, went to the X reveal and Model 3 reveal events for example, have been to several meet ups and am always interested to speak with other Tesla owners at superchargers (of course i am sensitive in person not to start conversations with people who do not seem interested in talking at superchargers), both S and X owners. I am always curious to learn what other owners of Tesla products feel about their experience, and based on my own personal information gathering, which is in no way scientific, I put that 90-95% satisfaction out there with the FWDs.
I actually had a similar feeling about he S itself in the early days and then sure enough Consumer Reports did their more scientific survey of Model S owners a year or two later and it revealed something like 98-99% of Model S owners loved their S and plan their next car to also be a Tesla as a result which is insane for any car brand, despite any minor tech issues that their cars gave them which was common with early Model S' as I experienced a few too with my 2013 S (as I am now with my Sig X).

This is where i draw my 90-95% stat from on Model X owners with FWDs...which could be conservative given what I've stated above (we will have to see what Consuomer Reports survey from thousands of Model X owners say to Consumer Reports). That's where I get that 95% number from as you asked.

• Love
Reactions: Drivin
I have been opposed to the dislike button because what I have seen is that lots of folks just click "dislike" and leave. No meaningful discussion, just a "dislike", dare I say, middle finger to someone's post (that's what people feel like, I believe).

Yet what I have seen here is how everyone is using the feature to look at who posts and rates, to call people out with great effect. People who have been called out for disliking have generally been coming back and responding with why they rated the way they did. And in some cases changing their ratings. Kudos for all you guys and gals for calling people out and encouraging a greater discussion about the topics. And kudos to those who responded and explained themselves.

A forum should be a place where people discuss things. Not just thumbs up and thumbs down. We're not deciding who lives or dies in the gladiatorial ring. Rather trying to learn about things and share experiences and ideas. Thanks all for not letting the "dislikes" go unquestioned.

Thanks, it seems eclectic 'disliked' your post too, that is unfortunate as I'm sure he will 'dislike' this post too, perhaps he is just an unhappy dude in general. In the future, maybe there will be a stat we can see on people on here of how many dislikes they've done vs. likes... then we can identify the people who just go around to give the middle finger to everyone (dislikes) and sort of take their dislikes with a grain of salt or give it less weighting somehow...sort of like the 'road rage' phenomenon...behind the wheel of a car certain people give everyone the middle finger and won't ever give in to let someone else go first without a honk...there have been studies to show that those people with high road rage tendencies are generally very unhappy people in life (perhaps it is the same as those who use the 'dislike' feature a lot without explaining themselves)

When I read this you had one up and one down....

I like your attempt to make it more 'peaceful' on here but I think the dislike button serves a critical function on here. Helps us figure out who is who (e.g. There are definitely lots of paid/hired trolls by other auto companies and hedge fund bears who troll this site regularly trying to cause FUD on both the stock and the product itself for potential buyers of TSLA stock and Tesla products)

Funny!!!

tthat must also mean that the like button helps us figure out who the paid/hired trolls by tesla and the tesla bulls who troll this site trying to find hype on the stock for potential tesla stock buyers.

Funny!!!

tthat must also mean that the like button helps us figure out who the paid/hired trolls by tesla and the tesla bulls who troll this site trying to find hype on the stock for potential tesla stock buyers.

This is humorous, coming from someone that doesn't own a Tesla, and has no interest in owning one. Why are you here, exactly?

Blastphemy,
I'm interested in your opinion on why you don't like the FWDs or think they were a mistake or are not progressive or whatever has caused you to dislike my posts about why they are the next big innovation in car doors. It appears you have an X from your past posts. Do you not like the X? Or is it just the FWDs you don't like?
Someone is very touchy about receiving dislikes! lol.

Perhaps what you are missing is not my imagined disdain for FWDs; rather, it may be disdain for the tone of the post itself.
Exactly. It's not that I don't like my FWDs; it's that I don't like TSLAopt! ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: TSLAopt
This is humorous, coming from someone that doesn't own a Tesla, and has no interest in owning one. Why are you here, exactly?

InterestIng that you know what is in my garage, what my son has, how many 3 i preorders I have, and what my interests are. Are you a wizard or just making things up again?

Of course I didn't expect a rationale discussion from you. Beat is so improvs about asking if dislike buttons are used to identify paid trolls from other manufacturers, how is the like button not used to identify paid trolls from tesla?

Or do actually believe that there is no reason to dislike a post or viewpoint unless you are negative towards tesla?

Group think is good!
Hail hydra!

InterestIng that you know what is in my garage, what my son has, how many 3 i preorders I have, and what my interests are. Are you a wizard or just making things up again?

Of course I didn't expect a rationale discussion from you. Beat is so improvs about asking if dislike buttons are used to identify paid trolls from other manufacturers, how is the like button not used to identify paid trolls from tesla?

Or do actually believe that their is not reason to dislike a post or viewpoint unless you are negative towards tesla?

Group think is good!
Hail hydra!

Edit:

You aren't worth my time, never mind.

Or do we need to have another discussion on what is, or what is not, cement? LOL

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteCap
Funny!!!

potentially, if Tesla is ever struggling with generating demand then I suppose it could make economic sense for them to start advertising and trying to drum up demand any way they could theoretically, but I don't think as long as Elon is in command that he would ever resort to those types of guerrilla and deceptive sales generation tactics(maybe advertising but not paying trolls to 'like' things on internet forums) and I don't think the products will ever be anything less than superior than everything else out there as long as Elon is CEO or at least 'product architect' which he said he would remain at Tesla even if he leaves the CEO position one day

If you are thinking about Tesla then you like technology, if not love it. You are an early adopter and want to front row seats to what is shaping up to be a revolution. I'm new to the forums and patiently awaiting my three week late X. I find it strange that there are so many haters on this particular thread subject. A lot of blame and finger pointing about who is dumb and who should have been responsible or more careful. I hope this is a place for answers and good conversation about Xes. By default we are all a little biased by even signing up on TMC and believe in what they are doing so it really surprises me when there's so much anti speech with members at each other's throats. I hope my FWD doors open and close reliably. I hope they don't crush against any "unseen" objects. I hope Tesla can improve this. Doors have been produced and regret is not an option for progressive companies and people. Headaches, maybe. If Tesla had quit when there were challenges and didn't want to conform, we'd have a typical car company and most of wouldn't be on this forum, probably driving a Volt. Thanks OP for sharing and making us aware. Thanks for all the objective and even keeled discussion. The ugly passionate posts one way or other, I could have done without.

Yes, i saw this thread earlier today and saw how it has just turned into a bashfest of the Model X FWDs and wanted to make sure there was at least some representation of why the FWDs can be awesome instead of only bashing FWDs. Someone who is new to Tesla on these forums trying to do honest due diligence on if they should get the X or not might have otherwise assumed most people think the FWDs are a huge mistake reading this thread and then have been dissuaded from buying the best possible product they could imagine ever owning.
That was the purpose of my posts, not to be insensitive and offend Blastphemy (ironic as his names literally means 'to offend..") or anyone else who regrets reading what they feel are ugly passionate posts. Just want to make sure BOTH SIDES ARE SHOWN in what otherwise was turning into a very misleading one-sided bash-fest of these FWDs

Last edited: