Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Updated Range and 0-60 times for Model 3 and Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody have a good comparison of P vs. LR without rollout?
Rollout is "always" about 0.3 seconds. It's just kind of the way it works out. It is of course a function of acceleration, but it ends up around 0.3 seconds for the accelerations in question, just as a rule of thumb. (t = sqrt(2*1ft/a)). Presumably for Plaid it's closer to 0.25 seconds, lol.

But given all the other variability 0.1seconds variation in the rollout time is just not that big a deal, so I just think of it as 0.3 seconds, maybe slightly less.

Last edited:
Here's the chart thingy I mentioned

The current "website" times from Tesla appear to reflect the "first 5% bump" for the LR AWD no rollout and for the P with it....both are slower than present day, but the LR AWD is "less slow" than the website indicates because of their dishonest measurement methods.

LRAWD2.png

I noticed that performance has changed from 5.3sec to 5.8sec for the 0-60mph acceleration times / 6.1sec 0-100 km/h time...

Is this due to only change in battery technology ? Also range has changed.

Will this actually be noticeable in real life driving?

Dan

Pretty sure there’s a large thread on this, but I’ve read that it’s supposedly due to a change in the drive train.

(moderator note)

thread you commented on merged into existing thread. Only mentioning it because now that your post exists in that thread, it ends up looking out of place. This was originally posted in a thread where someone made a new post on this existing topic.

Reactions: El joe
Agree. LR is plenty fast -- more than you will ever need. P is straight up silly. I went with silly.

@Adam3 with used prices as they are and still relatively short wait times for the Performance, your co-worker might be able to get out of his LR and into a P without taking a bath.
I initially had a P on order, but switched to a LR when the discussion of tax credits was revived. Current EDD is Nov 19- Dec 15, but I expect that to probably push out a bit. If it doesn't I will put it on hold until there is a final decision made on the tax credits.

For me, the difference of 7-8k pushed me towards the P, but now that we are talking an 8k tax credit and a 15k purchase price difference (assuming the 55k cap holds) that's a real tough pill to swallow for an extra 0.3/0.4 0-60.

I'm coming from a Chevy SS which is fast (around 4.5 0-60) but still doesn't compete with the LR, especially with the AB upgrade. To me that's going to be my happy medium, assuming the tax credit passes it'll be 13k cheaper than the P but still faster than almost anything on the road.

I initially had a P on order, but switched to a LR when the discussion of tax credits was revived. Current EDD is Nov 19- Dec 15, but I expect that to probably push out a bit. If it doesn't I will put it on hold until there is a final decision made on the tax credits.

For me, the difference of 7-8k pushed me towards the P, but now that we are talking an 8k tax credit and a 15k purchase price difference (assuming the 55k cap holds) that's a real tough pill to swallow for an extra 0.3/0.4 0-60.

I'm coming from a Chevy SS which is fast (around 4.5 0-60) but still doesn't compete with the LR, especially with the AB upgrade. To me that's going to be my happy medium, assuming the tax credit passes it'll be 13k cheaper than the P but still faster than almost anything on the road.
Good choice - the LR smokes almost everything you see on the road, especially with AB. You also won't have those 20" pothole ruined rims the P has 😄

Reactions: Boourns
A slower car with more range, 100% charging without damage, lower degradation, sign me up.

Not me (even though I have a car already). "100% charging without damage" means nothing unless you actually drive your 100% range out every day, and almost no one does that. "Slower car" you have every time you step on the pedal. "More range / 100% charging" doesnt matter unless you are a traveling salesperson, or get hung up on looking at the range number.