TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Disengage autopilot but not TACC

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Acho, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Acho

Acho Member

Is there a way to disengage autopilot but not disengage the TACC beside turning the steering wheel?

Sometimes I just want to take over steering control but to remain TACC active.

2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

I turn the wheel when I want to do that. There should be another way, but I don't know what it is.

3. thimel

thimel Member

You can also push the cruise charge control stalk away from you and then immediately pull it towards you. This disengages both AP and TACC and then immediately reengages TACC.

• Like x 1
  4. Acho

Acho Member

This is what I am doing but wondered if there is more elegant way to do it.

5. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Supporting Member

'''''
    I get what you are saying and I agree... the autopilot and TACC need a clear way to go between, and the display should be represented in different colors if it is on TACC or AP.

I think it needs to be something like easteregg cowbell to do the rainbow road so I know I'm on autopilot... the steering wheel in blue isn't enough to differentiate between the two modes... there have been a few times were I'm using TACC and thought I was on autopilot until I depart the lane. I'm sure they will figure something out over time.