Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disenrolling or un-enrolling from the Beta button and Safety Score tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm glad to
I got it this morning! I had 97 last Friday with more than 600 miles. I opted out and back in last Friday (10/22). I hit 100 miles on 10/27. I got this morning when I had 165 miles. I have an 2017 S with 2.5HW (upgraded to HW 3) with no internal cam. Score is 100. The best part of it : Safety Score is gone! I can drive again!
I'm glad to hear the safety score disappears, I was a little worried that it would kick you out if your score droped to low....That would actually be smart of them......but defiantly would suck for us all.

Reactions: asterothe
i'm glad to

I'm glad to hear the safety score disappears, I was a little worried that it would kick you out if your score droped to low....That would actually be smart of them......but defiantly would suck for us all.
From an email I saw to someone, they send warning emails if you get disengaged while using it. It's fair and I have no problem with it. Safety score is just a game really.

The Safety Score is more like a social experiment to see if you can follow directions in my opinion, its really not about safe driving.

And yes, they will kick you out of the program if you have X amount of forced disengagements while using Autopilot.

The Safety Score is more like a social experiment to see if you can follow directions in my opinion, its really not about safe driving.
No - they actually think they are measuring the safety. In a way they are correct - Someone getting a score of 70 is in more dangerous situation (either because of the driving conditions or the driver) than someone getting 90.

But to get 99/100, you need to game it.

No - they actually think they are measuring the safety. In a way they are correct - Someone getting a score of 70 is in more dangerous situation (either because of the driving conditions or the driver) than someone getting 90.

But to get 99/100, you need to game it.
It's debatable. In order to keep high score you enter into much dangerous situations by keeping AP on. I witnessed a lot of them. Very little braking or close following in heavy traffic is not unsafe in many situations but they ding you. On top of that it's fine to go fast dangerously or run red light, there's no penalty there.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
It's debatable. In order to keep high score you enter into much dangerous situations by keeping AP on. I witnessed a lot of them. Very little braking or close following in heavy traffic is not unsafe in many situations but they ding you. On top of that it's fine to go fast dangerously or run red light, there's no penalty there.
Sure - there is a ton of commentary on this already.

I'm just saying - the intent is to measure actual accident risk (from an insurance perspective). It is not well implemented, yet.

Reactions: K5TRX
Just to add a further data point, I had a score in the low 90s, so I did the reset thing on 10/23/2021. It took us a few days to get over 100 miles, and when we did we had a safety score of 99 (98.6 unrounded). And now, mirabile dictu, today we got the email and installed FSD beta 10.3.1 in our 2021 (vision only) LR Model Y!! I am so excited, I never thought our car would qualify so quickly. I've taken it out for one drive, and of course in the beginning it's always a negotiation until you and the car learn each other's limits, style, blind spots, etc. I reported two silly things the car did, like when two lanes merge into one. On the other hand, it was very good at erring on the side of caution when a pedestrian was crossing the street. It seemed to want to go over to the right to make a left turn, and vice versa, which in our house we call a "Pennsylvania turn".

But all in all it is a LOT of fun and I could not be more excited about it!

I opted out today, waited an hour for the score to disappear, opted back in, a new safety score popped up, drove just over 100 miles with a perfect 100 in SoCal. Now the car will sit until I get the email, driving it can only cause my score to go down.

For a data point, there's no need to reboot. Just opt out and wait until it disappears, then opt in and wait until it shows back up in the app.

Quick update...my safety score is now wiped. I unenrolled this morning, went for a very short drive once the safety score no longer showed in the app (no clue if this actually did anything), rebooted the care when I got home (again no clue if this changed anything), reenrolled, and then just waited. The safety score didn't show up again in the app after a few hours so I just force closed the app on my phone and then reopened it. The safety score showed up and all the prior history is gone.
Thanks for the update. I unenrolled, went for a short drive (yes it was joyful!) did a hard reboot of the car and force closed the app. Reopened the app and "safety score" is still there. Did your score reset with an "overnight" thing? My sequence is all within a few hours. Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update. I unenrolled, went for a short drive (yes it was joyful!) did a hard reboot of the car and force closed the app. Reopened the app and "safety score" is still there. Did your score reset with an "overnight" thing? My sequence is all within a few hours. Thanks for the update!
It’s definitely not an overnight thing. Keep giving it time and it will disappear.

Reactions: PRLM3

And yes, they will kick you out of the program if you have X amount of forced disengagements while using Autopilot.
I’ve been critical of the safety score as others have been and I think rightly so. I have no problem with them changing the metric to a certain number of forced disengagements — that’s the one that makes sense. Of course, that should be transparent and provide ample warning like “3 more and you’re disenrolled” and count you down.

I couldn’t find it, but there was a post from someone whom said they drive to Canada which caused the score to vanish after some time, and when they came back it came back on but the history was reset.

Oh and there was a mention that someone believes the history is for 30 days. Ie your low day should vanish once enough time has passed. So ya, maybe unenroll and coming back later would work.
I went 30 days over with 2,00 miles & all of my scores reset. Now I’m back to 100 Oops a day later it’s 99.

Score reset no longer works. Your score stays frozen when opted out. When you opt back in, there remains your old scores but no new drives recorded while opted out. I suppose the only real way to “reset” is to opt out for 30 days and wait for all your daily scores to drop off, then opt in and theoretically you would have a clean slate. No more wiping of scores