Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disinfecting options for M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@RoyC Can’t they stick one of those “air con air bombs” in there with a disinfectant agent, these are anti-bacterial and designed to kill off the types of germs that sit in under-used climate heating systems, that should help a lot.

This is the level of thinking that everyone needs to go to, if we all stay super-diligent there is a much better chance of infection control.

I’m awaiting delivery and will be asking the UK delivery centre to demonstrate their approach to ensuring my vehicle is infection-free. A nice isolation period on long ship ride helps - but it’s the contact points from docks to me that is less certain.
I don't know how the service in UK Is but here in the US, I wouldn't trust them at all to disinfect my vehicle properly.

Wipe down any touchable surface with a little soap in a sponge, steering wheel and stalks, seatbelt clip, door handle, center console, display screen, window buttons, door button and handle, trunk handle, etc. Obviously, do the same to the seats. Wear a mask and gloves on drive home.

The tech finished the car an hour ago. Service at home rather than service center. Much more convenient. It took him two hours, wearing mask and gloves. So I’ll leave the car out tonight, wipe down in the morning. Should be good to go.