Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disney+ and Netflix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the refreshed model S line coming from a 100D and now with a 23 Plaid S.
No matter what I do Disney+ and Netflix do not stay logged in. As soon as I close the screen and go back I have to log in again. Yes, I have remember me checked.

This must be a Tesla bug or a Netflix/Disney+ authentication issue. I see some similar reports from others.

Anyone figure this out?

Ok, well I think I just figured it out. For me, Disney+ and Netflix do not seem to remember that I logged in/added an authorized device to the account until I actually play a video. As soon as I played a video on each, it now seems to remember the login. I was just going into each service and logging in to set it up for my kids and it wasn't sticking. I hadn't played any videos yet.

I've fixed the Disney+ issue on my car.

I went to controls -> service -> clear browser data to wipe all of my log in. Going back to login on Disney+ this time sent a 6 digit code to my email vs. having me enter a password. So far so good...has not logged me back out yet.

I've fixed the Disney+ issue on my car.

I went to controls -> service -> clear browser data to wipe all of my log in. Going back to login on Disney+ this time sent a 6 digit code to my email vs. having me enter a password. So far so good...has not logged me back out yet.
Unfortunately this did not work for me. I went in 3 different times after a cache removal and reboot. Played a movie on Disney+ exited. Went to netflix, came back to Disney, and it asked me to login again. Netflix and web browser (gmail) maintain login

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Google searches give no useful results specific to watching Disney+ in my car. But about 4 months ago it decided to force me to log in every time I want to watch. Sometimes it auto-fills my email address at least, often not, and I always have to enter my password. Very frustrating since this worked flawlessly for nearly a year when I got the car and Disney+ was added

Still persists on 2023.2.12.

I just noticed that I am unable to login to Netflix at all, while I am 100% certain that my credentials are valid.

It almost seems as if cookie storage is completely unavailable and consequently causes some issues for those streaming apps.

Also having the REALLY ANNOYING Disney+ logging out issue. Its driving my kids crazy, and is specific to Disney+! The Netflix app has stayed logged in for months now. Has anyone gotten feedback on this from either Disney or Tesla? (not sure whose fault it is)

I’m on 2023.6.11 and it now seems to be fixed on the front display. But accessing D+ from the rear display persists with the logging out issue. Really bizarre as I thought it was just screen mirroring. Would suggest it is a Tesla issue though.