Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kissimmee, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While hunting around for any new superchargers in the area I found what looks like an upcoming location in the Disney/Kissimmee area. Can't access the actual permit yet but the description is listed for 8 supercharger stalls at an existing Wawa located at 7940 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. This location should be prime for many visiting the Disney area since it is in the middle of Hwy 192 near many restaurants, hotels, and resorts as well as just a few miles from the south end of World Dr entering onto Disney property. I'm not sure if this counts as the planned site for Celebration or not since its on the wrong side of I-4 but is pretty close. The permit date is from 2/14/19 so hopefully someone in the area may see some progress in the next several weeks.

Wawa 7940 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway

There is actually one application that is viewable and the TEMP listing you saw that isn't (I'm not sure why the 2 separate listings). Both for the same project of 8 supercharger stalls at that Wawa location. The viewable one is actually a subsequent application from Feb. 21st.

Osceola County Building Permit portal--Permit #: P19-001977
Record Status: Awaiting Revisions

Description
: TESLA TO INSTALL AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION ON THE EXISTING WAWA GAS STATION PARKING LOT. SITE WILL CONSIST OF 8 CHARGING POSTS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT CABINETS.

Based on the comments included in the reviewer denials, it looks like, in addition to any technical issues that need to be addressed in the submitted plans to meet the applicable building codes, Tesla will also have to apply for and get approved a revision to the Site Development Plan prior to getting final approval for the building permit. I'm not sure how extensive the process for getting such revisions approved are in this jurisdiction, but as a result it's safer to expect a decent delay (at least a few months) before any actual construction will begin on this site.

@BlueShift @Chuq

Nice find! Last weekend, all the chargers were taken at both Disney Springs lots (only 4 chargers I think, definitely too few) and I made it back to Tampa with 3% battery so this would come in handy.

I’m wondering, do the little gas stations which install Superchargers (Wawa, Sheetz) ever install more than than 8 stalls?

If Tesla got smart they would partner with more of the large convenience/gas stations and install a few SC at each location and really expand the charging ability specially with V3 out now. Would really help in more rural areas as well that have no charging solution currently.

We’re currently in our condo a few miles away, so I checked in earlier this evening. No work has yet started which isn’t surprising. I’m very excited about this one—it will be very useful since it’s getting impossible to find an open charger at WDW. Part of that problem is inconsiderate Tesla owners who park at the EV spots and don’t even plug in. I can’t believe how many times I’ve seen that over the past 2 weeks, and it infuriates me. Every one had been a Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
We’re currently in our condo a few miles away, so I checked in earlier this evening. No work has yet started which isn’t surprising. I’m very excited about this one—it will be very useful since it’s getting impossible to find an open charger at WDW. Part of that problem is inconsiderate Tesla owners who park at the EV spots and don’t even plug in. I can’t believe how many times I’ve seen that over the past 2 weeks, and it infuriates me. Every one had been a Tesla.
I agree, I have left notes on windshields stating how inconsiderate this behavior is. It screams privilege and lack of consideration of others. I don’t even use the chargers anymore figuring others need them more. (Leafs, Bolts)

It's also right next to a Krispy Kreme.

Just what my waistline needs, 30 minutes to kill near a Krispy Kreme.

Easy:
Code:
go_to_krispy_kreme();
while (!hot && charging) {}
if (hot) have_donut = buy_donut(hot);
while (charging) 
{
  if (have_donut) have_donut = eat_donut();
}
go_to_car();
unplug_car();
get_in_car();