Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disney+ on model 3?!

JsWifesM3

Aug 4, 2019
Hayward, California
I saw a link in the YouTube app and clicked on it. Disney+ looks like a natural fit. Wonder if we’ll get an app on the Theater Menu.

Attachments

• FE932887-8934-4761-AD19-D776A96886F9.jpeg
    FE932887-8934-4761-AD19-D776A96886F9.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 102

scherer326

Aug 24, 2018
Florida
I was able to log on to Disney+ via YouTube link but it didn’t show a movie when I tried to watch captain marvel. Said message error 83.

I hope Elon brings it to the entertainment console soon.

Dan203

Jul 10, 2019
Northern Nevada
Tesla should really just create an Android sandbox on the MCU and allow you to run whatever you want from the Play Store. The screen is basically just a big tablet anyway.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
could be a video playback error. if the car isn't in park, you can't play videos on the browser. could also be a VPN error. i'm unable to use venmo because of my ad blocker on my phone. if disney+ is overly sensitive about your IP address/location, it may not be possible.

Mixdup

Feb 3, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Disney+ DRM does not work on Linux, which is what the MCU runs. It'll probably be a while (or require official support in the Theater) before Disney+ works in a Tesla

focher

Oct 15, 2013
Bay Area
Tesla should really just create an Android sandbox on the MCU and allow you to run whatever you want from the Play Store. The screen is basically just a big tablet anyway.
Please, no. The Play Store is a virus infested security mess. Good thing Tesla hates everything not developed in-house. I mean, they even built their own ERP system.

Dan203

Jul 10, 2019
Northern Nevada
Please, no. The Play Store is a virus infested security mess. Good thing Tesla hates everything not developed in-house. I mean, they even built their own ERP system.

They could use Andorid TV, it requires special approval from Google to create a TV app so it's less of a cesspool.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC