Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disney supercharger question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! So I'm at Disney with 80 miles of range left. I don't think I'll make it to the orange one so I'm thinking the one that is on the turnpike about 12 miles away. Does anyone know if you can get right on and access the plaza it's in as I don't trust the Tesla navigation lol. I'm trying to avoid getting on and being stuck driving because there is no access and have to turn around and maybe run dry!

Hi all! So I'm at Disney with 80 miles of range left. I don't think I'll make it to the orange one so I'm thinking the one that is on the turnpike about 12 miles away. Does anyone know if you can get right on and access the plaza it's in as I don't trust the Tesla navigation lol. I'm trying to avoid getting on and being stuck driving because there is no access and have to turn around and maybe run dry!
fyi: there are L2 chargers in the WDW parking lots.
www.plugshare.com is your friend

Reactions: fasteddie7
The Turkey Lake plaza SC is an easy on/off from both directions. The SC is on the west-side (south-bound) of the plaza, but you can get to it from the north-bound entrance. Likewise you can leave the plaza, heading north or heading south.
So coming for Disney I can enter the turnpike northbound and access it then exit the turnpike? The Disney ones are inaccessible.

So coming for Disney I can enter the turnpike northbound and access it then exit the turnpike? The Disney ones are inaccessible.

Yep.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.31.45 AM.png

There are also L2 chargers on top floor of at least one garage at Disney Springs. We charged there before. We also used the SC and was able to get on and off easily going both directions. Just were out of the way for Disney village. Would be nice to have a SC much closer to Disney. Unfortunately the updated plan from a couple weeks ago doesnt include any closer to Disney.

There are L2 chargers all around Disney. These 3 are probably the closest.

Hilton Bonnet Creek in garage
Four Seasons - I doubt they would give you a hard time if you just explain you're desperate.
Fort Wilderness - 14/50 plugs everywhere. Could probably park there an hour or two in an empty RV spot without anyone being the wiser.

But having said that you should easily be able to make it to the Supercharger on Tpike. I-4 to Tpike North... Charge... Then head south right out of the plaza (it allows u turns) back to wherever you're staying.

I've actually charged on wall outlets at every hotel I've stayed at around disney with no problem. Full charge after a few days since you don't really need your car while there if you are staying on property. You can find outlets near the AC units almost every time.