Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disney Trip! Raleigh, NC to Disney in Model S P85. Possible??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plugged in and ran upstairs for some Paula Dean's.
udemeda8.jpg

I see you are already on the way. From toting around offspring, I would say that aspect of the trip is the most challenging. I will be watching the thread for any hints of that as a stress spot. I know that if you turn the heat up, they all fall asleep.

Just sayin'

Our's are 10 and 12 so they are pretty easy. We did opt for an audio book for the drive and they are begging to keep listening. Way better family time than their heads down in a screen with ear phones on. We've enjoyed discussing the plot over meals.

A lesson in rolling with it.... We left Savannah this afternoon with plans to stay and sight see in St Augustine. Unfortunately, we hadn't heard about the Mumford and Sons festival going on this weekend that brought an extra 25k people and filled every hotel. So, we are heading to Daytona.

Also, major props to the folks at Nissan in Saint Augustine. Love Love Love. They were super accommodating. We are charging there now for an hour or so before heading on. Great hospitality!

Ok, don't hate me. Wanted the check out the new Port Orange supercharger location. Pulled up and hopped out for a closer look. Pressed the button on the handle and "CLICK", my charge door popped open. 1 hour later and I'm fully charged and heading to Orlando! LOVE IT!!!
baneqadu.jpg
aty2a3aq.jpg

Ok, don't hate me. Wanted the check out the new Port Orange supercharger location. Pulled up and hopped out for a closer look. Pressed the button on the handle and "CLICK", my charge door popped open. 1 hour later and I'm fully charged and heading to Orlando! LOVE IT!!!

Great to hear!

What did you do while charging? Wait at the car, at a restaurant or the mall? Any recommendations?

Larry

Thanks Larry. It was pretty late so we hit the bathrooms then hung out at the car. Lots of shops but it is a bit of a walk. Totally worth it though to super charge.

We were approached by the mall cop who thought we were "parking" in the biblical sense. He was very surprised to hear that the chargers were working. Very nice guy. Chatted about the car for a while.

One interesting Disney tidbit. If staying at the Grand Floridian, they have several golf cart plug-ins at the far left end of the Self Park out front. They are only 120v but it kept us topped off all week give how little we were driving once there. The plugs are on post at the end of several regular parking spots. The valets even offered to help move cars if there were not any open. There always was. :)

Will make it back to Raleigh tonight. Charged over night in Savannah then drove to Florence, SC. Charging now at the Hilton Garden Inn at 22 mi/hr. Caught a movie at the theater right around the corner and grabbing dinner across the street. Will make it to Raleigh late tonight.

Disney to Raleigh in two days... Not bad! Will only get better with more Super Chargers.