TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Disney Trip! Raleigh, NC to Disney in Model S P85. Possible??

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Cadester, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Cadester

Cadester Member

Plugged in and ran upstairs for some Paula Dean's. udemeda8.jpg

2. Cadester

Cadester Member

Our's are 10 and 12 so they are pretty easy. We did opt for an audio book for the drive and they are begging to keep listening. Way better family time than their heads down in a screen with ear phones on. We've enjoyed discussing the plot over meals.

3. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

That's a great idea! What book?

4. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Mine are 18, 15, 7, and 4. You'd think the latter two would pitch the biggest fit ...

5. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

I don't know if it will fit in with your schedule, but a new Supercharger will open on September 18 at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Exit #256 off of I-95.
    Larry

6. Cadester

Cadester Member

Theodore Boone series by Grisham. They are great.

7. Cadester

Cadester Member

A lesson in rolling with it.... We left Savannah this afternoon with plans to stay and sight see in St Augustine. Unfortunately, we hadn't heard about the Mumford and Sons festival going on this weekend that brought an extra 25k people and filled every hotel. So, we are heading to Daytona.

Also, major props to the folks at Nissan in Saint Augustine. Love Love Love. They were super accommodating. We are charging there now for an hour or so before heading on. Great hospitality!

8. Cadester

Cadester Member

I don't think we can make the opening but will certainly be stopping by on our way back. Thanks!

9. Cadester

Cadester Member

8y2uja7a.jpg
    Ok, that was close.

10. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Think of it as perfect planning ...

11. Cadester

Cadester Member

Ok, don't hate me. Wanted the check out the new Port Orange supercharger location. Pulled up and hopped out for a closer look. Pressed the button on the handle and "CLICK", my charge door popped open. 1 hour later and I'm fully charged and heading to Orlando! LOVE IT!!! baneqadu.jpg aty2a3aq.jpg

12. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Great to hear!

What did you do while charging? Wait at the car, at a restaurant or the mall? Any recommendations?

Larry

13. Cadester

Cadester Member

Thanks Larry. It was pretty late so we hit the bathrooms then hung out at the car. Lots of shops but it is a bit of a walk. Totally worth it though to super charge.

We were approached by the mall cop who thought we were "parking" in the biblical sense. He was very surprised to hear that the chargers were working. Very nice guy. Chatted about the car for a while.

14. Cadester

Cadester Member

So we made it to Orlando a day early, thanks to the good folks at Nissan of St. Augustine and the Port Orange SC. We are now at the Hilton Bonnet Creek for several days before moving over to the Grand Floridian.

15. Cadester

Cadester Member

Finally heading home after a great vacation. We charged in Port Orange midday today and have now stopped for dinner in Jacksonville to get a little more charge to make it to Savannah tonight. All is going well.

16. Cadester

Cadester Member

One interesting Disney tidbit. If staying at the Grand Floridian, they have several golf cart plug-ins at the far left end of the Self Park out front. They are only 120v but it kept us topped off all week give how little we were driving once there. The plugs are on post at the end of several regular parking spots. The valets even offered to help move cars if there were not any open. There always was. :)

17. Cadester

Cadester Member

Will make it back to Raleigh tonight. Charged over night in Savannah then drove to Florence, SC. Charging now at the Hilton Garden Inn at 22 mi/hr. Caught a movie at the theater right around the corner and grabbing dinner across the street. Will make it to Raleigh late tonight.

Disney to Raleigh in two days... Not bad! Will only get better with more Super Chargers.

18. ggbjr

ggbjr Member

Congrats! As a fellow Raleigh-ite, I'm glad (i.e., my will appreciate hearing) that you've already blazed the trail!