Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disneyland destination charger cannot charge my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Disneyland today and cannot charge my car with the Tesla Destination charger. WHY? I already cannot charge my car at Star Ferry mid charger already. How come even Tesla own charger cannot charge my car? That is ready stupid as I cannot try other charger because they are all full. I don't understand why... the wall charger has green light, my car knows it is plug in but it just cannot start charging. Have anyone experience the same. As I don't have home charging and SC and DC is my own options and if not all of them can charge my car, I really worry my car will run out of power and even when I am at charger, I cannot charge......

Do I need to call support center and report the problem?

I was at Disneyland today and cannot charge my car with the Tesla Destination charger. WHY? I already cannot charge my car at Star Ferry mid charger already. How come even Tesla own charger cannot charge my car? That is ready stupid as I cannot try other charger because they are all full. I don't understand why... the wall charger has green light, my car knows it is plug in but it just cannot start charging. Have anyone experience the same. As I don't have home charging and SC and DC is my own options and if not all of them can charge my car, I really worry my car will run out of power and even when I am at charger, I cannot charge......

I would never call the support center or the service center either. This forum can solve all of your problems. Furthermore, Disneyland is a ripoff.

Yes. Call tesla roadside 877-798-3752.

The Santa Ana or Buena Park Superchargers are fairly close to Disneyland anyway. Use those as a backup so you're not stuck

The charger in row 2 doesn't work. My model s can't charge there as well. When using row 8 I never had any problems. Seems to be a broken destination charger.

Yes, call Tesla support.
I have had a similar problem at certain stations of superchargers. Plug in, green light begins flashing, then turns purple and message on the screen says "Cannot charge. Please disconnect and try again." Tesla Service Center says that there is nothing wrong with my charge port, but other cars were able to charge at the same station where I could not, so I think that perhaps tolerances of connectors in my charge port may be a little loose. If a SC plug connector is also a little worn, they may not work together.

With many stations at a SuperCharger site, I was able to move to another station. In your case, the defective charger plug is your only option, but it may never be fixed unless you report it.

Reactions: flyingbathtub
Thanks everyone, I believe I mean Hong Kong Disneyland, and seems like I will try Row 8 next time I am there. And why can't they set the tolerances level lower, the chargers are outdoor and normal worn is given, and if it does not take this tolerance, it will be very high maintenance cost for Tesla. Anyway, thanks again.