Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Display at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Auto setting changes the screen brightness based on ambient light. So at night, if it's dark, the screen will go to lowest brightness. This is normal. You can open the quick controls and watch the display brightness slider move by itself while it adjusts for changing ambient light.

When I have my display on the Auto setting for brightness, at night the display goes all the way down to the darkest setting every time, no matter what - normal?
This may help you. I believe I had the problem you were describing after a firmware update several months ago. When my display switched to night mode, brightness was too low, but also contrast. I had difficulty seeing detail on the map display. I solved the problem temporarily my locking the display on the day setting. The auto dim still kept that display usable for me at night. After the next firmware update, I gave it another try to find the night display was back to its normal self. No problems since. I don't recall the software update that caused the problem. If your car has not updated yet you may be on that software iteration. Anyway, I hope it clears up for you.