TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Display Freezes and Reboots

Discussion in 'Model X' started by K-MTG, Sep 3, 2016.

1. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

My 17inch display freezes, goes dark, and reboots with the Tesla logo. This occurred 3 times already while driving, should I ignore it and live with it or take it in to the SC?

I understand others have experience it, very frustrating at times especially when you want to turn on the AC but have to wait 5 minutes.

2. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

I've never had that happen in my Model S's. They sometimes get slow (LTE or 3G), maps don't update and I'll manually reboot it. I'd have the SvC take a look at it, especially if you have other items that needs addressing.

3. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

This happens once with my Model S a long time ago. If a complete power recycle of the car doesn't cure it, you will likely need to take it to SC for them to do a software update. It could be a bad update.

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

There is another thread out here with someone with the same problem. I suggest a complete power cycle as @xkwizit states. Did not hear if that fix the other persons problem or not. Lost track of that thread.