Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Display on phone app Reads “In Service”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually you get that message when your car is at the Service Center and the technicians put your car in service mode. If your car is not currently being serviced then that's definitely weird. Have you tried rebooting by holding down the two steering wheel buttons?

The service center usually put your car in service mode when it's in service and your phone will show "In Service" on the Tesla app.
If your car is not in the service center and showing "in service" on your app, you should be able to call your service center and they can reset the status to normal over the air.

When your car is actually in service mode, there's a huge watermark across the screen that says so - it's unavoidable. A tesla service person has to enter a code on the car to put it into and out of service mode. If your car is definitely not in service mode, but the app says it is, there must be some messed up communication somewhere. Try deleting the app and reinstalling a suggested above. Do you have multiple teslas? Maybe one that is in service is confusing the app. And maybe there are more circumstances than we're aware of.

I have had this issue for a week. Tried hard reset of car, uninstalled app, I even had my wife add car to her email on her phone and still issue exist. Went to Tesla center and they opened a ticket, really?? This is not a new issue. Two days went by and no call from service. Finally went into service center and threw a fit. The issue was resolved in 10 min. Solution: Tesla service has to reset your service account on their end. Period. Tell them to do their job!