Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Display pulses while in Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed an odd thing with the big screen display. If it is in Park and the screen background is white (like in Controls), the display pulses. It's bright for a few seconds and blinks slightly dim a split second and returns to bright. It only happens in Park not Drive. What can be causing this?

Seen that a few times in the last month or so and thought maybe the screen was defective or had a bad connection. But the more I think about it the more I think it's just the automatic brightness going up or down abruptly. Thought about disabling auto-brightness to see if the issue stops, but it's so sporadic that it's not worth the trouble. BTW in my case it happens mostly at the beginning of the drive while the car is in "D".

I have noticed an odd thing with the big screen display. If it is in Park and the screen background is white (like in Controls), the display pulses. It's bright for a few seconds and blinks slightly dim a split second and returns to bright. It only happens in Park not Drive. What can be causing this?

Straw grasping: the software state machine may be switching to a different display (or off) then realizing it should have display on and jumping back to the requested screen.

Seen that a few times in the last month or so and thought maybe the screen was defective or had a bad connection. But the more I think about it the more I think it's just the automatic brightness going up or down abruptly. Thought about disabling auto-brightness to see if the issue stops, but it's so sporadic that it's not worth the trouble. BTW in my case it happens mostly at the beginning of the drive while the car is in "D".

I see it after I park and switch to controls screen to check suspension, settings, etc.