Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Displayed temp on screen not correct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The temp where i am is currently 77deg with a nice ocean breeze (Long Beach, CA). My car is parked under a carport shade structure, however the display says 91deg outside temp and my app says the interior temp is 92deg. I just sat in the car and it is not.

Do you think this is a software issue or something I should report to the service center?

If it is reading the interior temp 10-15deg warmer than it really is I wouldn't want the car turning on overheat protection when its really only 90deg inside.

It is not uncommon for a parked car to show a temperature higher than the ambient. What does it say when driving for awhile? Even then, the temperature is normally higher because of the heat from the asphalt.

The car showing 91 in and out when it is 77, doesn't seem that far off.

Eh, 20% delta seems significant to me.

Maybe, but depending on where the thermometers are, heat could be accumulating in an enclosed area.

First step would be to compare to your own thermometer placed inside the cabin (I wouldn't worry too much about the external temp unless you also verify that it is off while actually driving around).

The temp where i am is currently 77deg with a nice ocean breeze (Long Beach, CA). My car is parked under a carport shade structure, however the display says 91deg outside temp and my app says the interior temp is 92deg. I just sat in the car and it is not.

Do you think this is a software issue or something I should report to the service center?

If it is reading the interior temp 10-15deg warmer than it really is I wouldn't want the car turning on overheat protection when its really only 90deg inside.

I noticed the same problem this week. My cars exterior temperature is reading off by 7-10 degrees consistently.