TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Displayed temp on screen not correct

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by rjorr1972, Aug 4, 2018.

1. rjorr1972

rjorr1972 New Member

The temp where i am is currently 77deg with a nice ocean breeze (Long Beach, CA). My car is parked under a carport shade structure, however the display says 91deg outside temp and my app says the interior temp is 92deg. I just sat in the car and it is not.

Do you think this is a software issue or something I should report to the service center?

If it is reading the interior temp 10-15deg warmer than it really is I wouldn't want the car turning on overheat protection when its really only 90deg inside.

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

It is not uncommon for a parked car to show a temperature higher than the ambient. What does it say when driving for awhile? Even then, the temperature is normally higher because of the heat from the asphalt.

The car showing 91 in and out when it is 77, doesn't seem that far off.

3. geometro

geometro Member

Eh, 20% delta seems significant to me.

4. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Maybe, but depending on where the thermometers are, heat could be accumulating in an enclosed area.

First step would be to compare to your own thermometer placed inside the cabin (I wouldn't worry too much about the external temp unless you also verify that it is off while actually driving around).

5. SigNC

SigNC Member

My temp always seems to be pretty hot as well. Even after driving it is higher than it should be.

6. MacGreiner

This happened to me. Turned out the sensor clip had broken and the sensor had moved to a location that changed temp readings.

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

8. fmcotton

fmcotton Member

I noticed the same problem this week. My cars exterior temperature is reading off by 7-10 degrees consistently.