Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dissassembly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Does anyone have an archive of diss assembly areas? I have a rattle in the rear and right dash I'm trying to fix and it sure would be nice to have some photos or videos on how to take my dash apart...

I'll make some of the rear tonight, but it would be slick to have an area setup for a logical grouping of photos/videos/etc.

My SC is about 90 miles each way, and I don't want to wear out my welcome over a rattle apparently only I can hear.

Well, I pulled the panels surrounding the rear seat-belt. No joy. a lot of those stupid blue pins. The actual seat-belt retractor mechanism isn't behind there anyway, it's accessible by removing the carpet along the vertical wall behind the rear seat. A lot of driving and testing and removing later. I think I have to give up for now on it... It's a billion times better than most cars, but when you start pulling panels it's obvious where they didn't spend a lot of $... But it comes apart just like most cars. I guess they didn't need to reinvent that as well.