Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Distance shown in miles in the App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently updated the Tesla App on my iOS phone to the (4.4.0-810) and since then the distance in the app is shown in miles - odometer and charging limit. The car is running currently on 2021.40.6 and it is set in metrics in the infotainment.
Anybody experience the same? Any clue how to solve it?
Note: I reported this already to Tesla via the service section in the app.

Attachments

• EE5DC1CE-438B-46ED-9442-133D57456A0B.jpeg
    EE5DC1CE-438B-46ED-9442-133D57456A0B.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 73E2E139-2956-467D-A5B5-50980B305DFB.jpeg
    73E2E139-2956-467D-A5B5-50980B305DFB.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 206
I will find that strange which will mean that when I travel to an imperial country the app will keep on switching this aspect :eek: Anyway, there is no change in my location neither on the phone settings and the change happened suddenly after the latest Tesla App update for iOS :(
I’m just speaking as a former mobile developer that in general all units are tied to the locale of the user on the device. This has nothing to do with geographic location but the combination of language and locale that you have specified you are. For example English UK is a different locale than English US

Reactions: lensovet
I’m just speaking as a former mobile developer that in general all units are tied to the locale of the user on the device. This has nothing to do with geographic location but the combination of language and locale that you have specified you are. For example English UK is a different locale than English US

Alex, you nailed this one! That was it, the regional settings on my phone was showing US. I did not change that since I got the phone but I guess the Tesla App started to consider these settings (as an improvement). Well, if they wanted to do this maybe they should have considered all imperial values not just distance (decimal separators, temperature…).

Issue solved for me now and I see it also solved another app I use for finding charging spots.

Super thank you! 🙏

There is a bug with APP and IOS since update: I am based in UK where we use MILES not KM. a few days ago the app started showing range in km. Based on posts above I checked region settings and it was correctly set at UK. I changed to english US and low and behold the app reports range in miles. Change back to English Uk and it reports in Km. Really Really annoying and they need to sort the look up table so UK is in miles.

Same issue, changing regional settings is not an option for me, since we have a Tesla in the U.S. (Miles) and another one in Europe (Km). Currently both cars are showing distances within the App in Miles. This should really be reverted back to use the unit selected within the car instead of using the phone's regional settings. I'm aware of how much of a first world problem this is, but it's something that has worked fine for years until the recent change.

I changed the language of the phone to UK to get back metric system. Soon thet are going to realize that UK is not metric and would fix the bug. Then I won't have an option of English language and metric system at all...