Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Distorted windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had this same distortion on my S from new, that's most noticeable when turning left and looking left with complex visual background. It doesn't bother me enough to take action, as the replacement seal won't ever be as good as factory. Plus eventually the screen will likely get hit by debris requiring replacement under insurance.

I've had this same distortion on my S from new, that's most noticeable when turning left and looking left with complex visual background. It doesn't bother me enough to take action, as the replacement seal won't ever be as good as factory. Plus eventually the screen will likely get hit by debris requiring replacement under insurance.
I likewise have distortion on my MS refresh. At first, I thought it was the front window tint that was installed incorrectly on my car, but then I got them to remove the film and the wavy distortion is still there. See video below, you can see some vertical waves.

As you mentioned, idk if its worth it. I also didn't know the replacement seal of the windshield would be much worse. Is this true??
I'd love to know, because if the seal won't be the same, i'd rather deal with the distortion than future potential wind noise.