TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Distraction from the painful wait

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cybarrius, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Cybarrius

Cybarrius Member

I am curious. I just hit day 62( almost 9 weeks after order) of crickets from Tesla on my wait for AWD White Interior. What are people doing to keep themselves sane as they wait? Especially day 1 people. I am starting to lose it haha. I need a distraction

2. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Plot out your mods. Tint shop, ppf vendor, floor mats, etc.

• Like x 3
  3. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

This was tiding me over.. until I finished... hahaha

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  4. Cybarrius

Cybarrius Member

Already done haha. I guess i will just dig a dying hole till i hear from them.

• Love x 1
  5. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Shop insurance? Not related to the car but is related to the car. Haha

• Like x 1
  6. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

That just made it worse for me. I've got the wall connector staring at me in the garage, the truck and trunk mats flattening out in the basement, and a pile of boxes for things to install. They're mocking me!

• Like x 3
  7. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

What Model 3s did @Cybarrius , @Runt8 , @wbhokie get?

I'm sure there are unexplored areas of research we can work on. :)

8. Cybarrius

Cybarrius Member

LOL! My Config: Red with White Interior AWD Aero Wheels(swapped to aeros to better my chances)

9. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

#9 wbhokie, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    P3D-
    Red, White Interior, Aeros

Got my delivery date (9/28)
    Already scheduled my chrome delete, PPF, tint, ceramic work
    already have my aftermarket wheels (black gloss 19" turbines) - ordered them during july 4th sale! LOL
    already have center console wrap kit, led light upgrades, pedal upgrades, additional front and back "black chrome" exterior emblems, maxspider mats, and a few other small things I can't remember.

BTW : Based on Model S/X Experience, I think everyone should do at least the trunk (and frunk if you use it at all) LED light upgrades. They really do make a difference!

Got my insurance quote and it's cheaper than my Model S with USAA by about $100 per 6 months.
    Got my "Funding Secured" through Lightstream as well.

• Like x 1
  10. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Order a bunch of the third party charging key fobs. Here is their market share here

11. 1deepthink

1deepthink Member

Remodeling garage - can lights, epoxy floor, wall and ceiling paint and maybe some cabinets.

Touching up old car for retail sale - simple cheap things like exterior detail, leather condition, remove old PPF, touch up wheels and paint

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

Funny you say that.. I did the clean out garage, add shelves, remove everything from floor and price out epoxy flooring. ;)

13. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

The trunk mats need to flatten out!?!? I just found something to do, I need to go place an order ASAP.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

I'm not sure if it's 100% necessary, but I took them out of the box (they're shipped rolled up) and didn't want to try to get them to fit back in again...