Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disturbance at super charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parking in an electric car spot while not plugged in should be a towable violation.
And in the absence of that it’s not unreasonable that offenders should come back to 4 flat tires.
small issue with that is it extends the time the ICE car is there which is not helpful.. better option is to loosen the tire valve, gets the flat later n no harm to tire :)
regarding OP, any ICE driver that gets triggered at sarcastic "nice Tesla" comment is most definitely was ICEing on purpose
i can ignore non busy single parking ICEing but i'll def "educate" ones that park across few spots (ICE or EV equally lol)
now parking on lawn n stealing power is next level a**hole...
fun conversation lol
stay safe!

small issue with that is it extends the time the ICE car is there which is not helpful.. better option is to loosen the tire valve, gets the flat later n no harm to tire :)
regarding OP, any ICE driver that gets triggered at sarcastic "nice Tesla" comment is most definitely was ICEing on purpose
i can ignore non busy single parking ICEing but i'll def "educate" ones that park across few spots (ICE or EV equally lol)
now parking on lawn n stealing power is next level a**hole...
fun conversation lol
stay safe!

Wrong or not, don’t touch other peoples cars unless you want them touching yours.

I'm kinda amazed. Maybe cause I'm from Kentucky and tolerance and a dose of avoidance is a good rule to follow here. In the Kentucky area, if there was an ICE driver at a EV charger, he was there on purpose. Point made and point taken. If I needed his spot, I might have asked if he was going to be long.
But to be honest I haven't run across anyone doing that here. Most people here are courteous. And liberals conceal carry too.

This was at Buc-ee’s in Florence, SC yesterday, we were charging a few stalls down. Now those that have been to one know how massive the parking lot is and how many gas pumps there are. There was clearly no need for this Subaru to be parked in a “Tesla Charging Only” spot. I didn’t say anything, I just took their picture and shook my head, headed into the store for my BBQ Brisket Sandwich!
68B96E69-FD4C-490E-8F73-3F8516F0A8DA.png

This was at Buc-ee’s in Florence, SC yesterday, we were charging a few stalls down. Now those that have been to one know how massive the parking lot is and how many gas pumps there are. There was clearly no need for this Subaru to be parked in a “Tesla Charging Only” spot. I didn’t say anything, I just took their picture and shook my head, headed into the store for my BBQ Brisket Sandwich!View attachment 860861
Of course it’s on purpose. That’s why I’m gonna laugh long and loud when gas goes up again as it is guaranteed to do.
The funny thing is even in Texas rolling coal on EV’s was no longer a thing in early summer as they couldn’t afford the fuel, LMFAO!

Of course it’s on purpose. That’s why I’m gonna laugh long and loud when gas goes up again as it is guaranteed to do.
The funny thing is even in Texas rolling coal on EV’s was no longer a thing in early summer as they couldn’t afford the fuel, LMFAO!
Oh I know it’s on purpose, they really do make themselves look like fools doing it tho. Driving from NY to SC and now being at my moms and running errands, I have been waiting for the big trucks to roll their coal near me but thankfully it hasn’t happened…yet.

Reactions: LoneStarEve
And there are no signs restricting me from parking at the fuel island while I take a walk and shop, but I don’t do it.
But this isn’t that. This would be like the fuel island having a sign saying 15 minute general parking, someone doing that, and you confronting them for doing what the sign specifically says is okay.

That said, I generally disagree with “general parking” at EV chargers, but I don’t negotiate the leases between Tesla and host sites. I can communicate my opinions with Tesla, Wawa and policy makers, but it isn’t my place to harass random people who aren’t doing anything wrong.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
But this isn’t that. This would be like the fuel island having a sign saying 15 minute general parking, someone doing that, and you confronting them for doing what the sign specifically says is okay.

That said, I generally disagree with “general parking” at EV chargers, but I don’t negotiate the leases between Tesla and host sites. I can communicate my opinions with Tesla, Wawa and policy makers, but it isn’t my place to harass random people who aren’t doing anything wrong.
Is this ok Big Earl? This is what I have an issue with. People purposely blocking chargers. Is this people who aren’t doing anything wrong? I mean he has 15 minutes right?

Attachments

• 4E3BD964-1DA2-4A0C-96A5-A8BC1E59C43F.png
    4E3BD964-1DA2-4A0C-96A5-A8BC1E59C43F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: DblOSmith
I will "bite".....

So how is it ANY different when an EV (Tesla because this is a Tesla forum) parks when anyone needs to fill up with diesel/gas?

Again....it goes BOTH ways. I can't tell you how many times that it goes the "other way".
It does go both ways and I am sure it does happen, but in my years of supercharging, I have never seen an EV parked in front of a gas pump.