Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ditched 2 model 3 reservations for one mdl s 100d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need range-340 will do.
3 will never go that far or S will always go further.
Don't like not having the info read out where it belongs-beneath steering wheel.
I never want to have to move my eyes off the road-HUD custom installed in dash for navigation.
This is my second S. First one was p90d, this one 100d.
I honestly hardly ever use the performance mode so why do I really need it. Rip off for 25k more.
S is and will be more advanced than the 3 even with no options.
Unfortunately it is a bigger car but it gets a bigger battery pack and I'll be able to
buy bigger packs for it in the future.

These are some of my reasons I changed my order.

I like your list but you missed one, you get to buy the car now. I do not know where you are in the Queue but I will not see my Model 3 until at least Q1 of 2018. :( If i could afford a Model S I would do the same thing as you.

The only downside is when the Tesla releases the 3 they might add new hardware in the S/X in order to further differentiate between the models. For example:

Everyone is disappointed with not getting a HUD on the Model 3. Who says they will not announce a redesign of the interior of the model S/X WITH a HUD? After all the last update on the S is over a year old and it didn't change the interior either.

How about a new battery pack using the 2170 cells. So the S/X can charge faster than the Model 3 and give even more range.

But then you always have the opportunity to Upgrade again later.

Good Luck.

You haven't learned your lesson about telling tales?...Lets do this again:
Well, I would hope to get one since I stood in line and was done before noon, but I'm on the East Coast and a non Telsa owner .
He doesn't own a Tesla...But just claimed in this thread to have a P90D
I plan on donating my porsche 911 to the national kidney foundation in an auction.
Supposedly owns a Porsche he will donate when he gets his M3
@ucmndd-at that rate no one would buy an EV. It would be pointless. In my other car (I have an S) Prius, I get about 1200m on 50 bucks.
Now he has an S and a Prius? No more Porsche?
As for me-base model 3 with d option only. No autopilot which I think is a huge waste of money.
No leather-again waste of money-I personally hate it with a passion. I've had many of them in the past.
No pano roof-I've come to the conclusion that it's a waste of money...
Bigger battery pack-maybe if it is reasonable-highly unlikely. I ave out the cost of the entry level battery and calc bigger battery at -10% for more cost of the battery. If 55kw comes out to $180/kw-70kw better be $165-170 per kw or else I won't be buying it. Don't really need it, but might like to have it in case I sell it later on.
I have no interest in cow bells or cool stuff. ...
My S even had some issues with the electric windows.
I'm a basic guy and don't need the P or L-complete waste of money to be 'cool'. I'm way beyond those years.
Sorry guys but no to hatchback. Hate em.
Lists a lot of things as "waste of money' But claims to be very rich in later posts.
'Doesn't really need' bigger battery. In this thread he opened with 'I need range'
No interest in Cow Bells or cool stuff (he later talks about extravagent modifications like a 55" TV in the trunk)
Doesn't need P or L....just claimed he has a P90D, but he also said he doesn't have a Tesla, so who knows!
No to hatchbacks! No Model S!
pencils might be down but the manu facility needs a major overhaul. I don't expect my 3 until 2019 and I own a S.
The Schrodinger Model S

My only other american car I have had in the past was a 1984 buick skylark that was such a lemon.
The entire exhaust system fell off the car somewhere along the road behind me only 1 week after I bought the POS.
Then, about 2 weeks later the engine threw a rod-3 weeks later got the car back and then the radiator failed along with alternator.
Drove the car straight into a lake after that. I wonder if it is still there?! Never bought another American car until now.
Firstly, you're a terrible person if you dumped a car into a lake and left it.
This was in reference to ordering a M3, meaing he's never had another American Car (no Model S)

Unghhh to share holders-and absorb solar city debt. Glad I sold out at 247.xx a while ago.
He said he sold on July 21, 2016 in another thread below...price was ~$221. But he also makes a LOT of big claims about his investments
I have a bose 3d sound system in my car. Everything is made to exact specs down to the nick picky length of wires to the speakers and speakers are tested for sound responsiveness times (delays from amp/stereo/ipod/dvd player). You can actually move your head about 3 inches and catch the doppler sound affect. Lasers in star wars are so nice and light saber fights are incredible. Brings new meaning to my nephew about a drive in. A solo drive in. I'm currently working on putting in a 55 inch 4k panel into the trunk of my model 3 with a motor that will rotate the screen and lift it. I believe my entire system is about 17k right now just in parts. Labor is probably about 200+hrs for full testing of sound equipment/mods/engineering/brainstorming. I have to update the NAS to 15tb of storage from 3tb. My only hope is I will be able to connect this hardware to a battery node-if not I'll have to hack it through the console. If there is a mount-there should be a way. First thing I plan on doing is striping the interior to see what I have to work with. If needed, I might add my own electrical system to it-small battery pack-like 4 car batteries or something along those lines.
No bells and whistles, eh?.....
I want the mdl 3. Already have the S and thinking of selling it or giving it away in an employee drawing.
Model S is overkill for me.
Odd, he has NEVER posted anything in the Model S forum...
Well, I sold all 33k shrs not long ago. Why? Cash burn is huge. Model 3 will put huge funding issues for parts just like X had. Yeah I know he said keep it simple but he needs to wow people. If preorders where around 100k-I'd still be holding, but they skyrocketed to 400k. Now, long term-holding isn't a bad thing, but short term-you're going to feel some serious pain. More dilution is inevitable, aquiring SC (solar city) debt, a secondary was at 225 and those investors are probably really ticked off right now. If Elon can deliver M3 quickly and on time so all of them get tax incentives (not full but partial) the stock price will go up quickly as he silences nay sayers. A squeeze would happen as well. My advice if you're long-certify your shrs so those pesky day traders won't use your shrs to short it or make calls. This maximizes the squeeze when it happens (lowers the float and we can demand a higher price for shrs as those available are very low volume). As for me-I'm all out. I'm holding raw materials and big cap stocks for divs. I'll buy back at about 150 or so. If it doesn't go that low-I'll probably never buy it back. I've made my money here at 27.xx to 221.xx. GLTA. (good luck to all)
But you just said you sold at $247?...

We took a look at it then tossed in into the trash. Wife wasn't impressed at all either. The simple thank you note would have been enough. Would have preferred 50 credit to the tesla store and got t-shirts to advertise.
Talking about the reservation gift - lithograph of M3. Keep reading to see why its relevant...

I buried mine-laminated with Elon and Van's signature. Finders keepers.
Joke?
Okay, my autographed certificate is now laminated and buried. I'll be posting a website on faceboot soon so you all can try to go find it.
I have no use for it. To the rest of you-enjoy it if you like it. If not, you could burn it in your next campfire. I'm more of an Indiana Jones guy. Peace y'all.
Trashed or treasured? Notice the trend of contradicting information?

Problem is resolved. Pay up. Now that won't matter if you're rich like me. I'll shrug off a fee of 30 bucks easily. Now that wouldn't be nice or respectful of others. I suggested (tweeted elon) to change all chargers to snake charging with a script that will auto kick on if it is a sc address (mac address)-once charged the snake charger will detach and the car will park at the next closest parking space that isn't a charger space. Problem resolved.
He's rich, but on a no-cow-bells budget for M3...

If 75d is 50k or less-I'm getting 2 of them. I don't care about other options. Heck they can leave the speakers, stereo, all electric gizmos and much more out of my car. I don't care for cow bells. AP-nope don't want it-won't pay for it. P or L - don't want it. Only thing I might want is winter package - maybe hud if it is extra, but I think it is included in standard. Other than that-nada.
Leave out the the speakers??? What about that ridiculous Bose 3D sound system you were talking about? No Cow Bells? You don't want P? But you already have a P90D?...

I held a meeting in town after advertising on radio and in newspapers. I had over 400 people attend.
I told them to email me after they put in their order- 53 is the current count with reservation numbers
in their emails. If you want to hit it big you need to be motivated and invest into it-I put $10k up front of my own
money to do this. I will most likely hold another meeting after model 3 unveil part 3 (2 really). I want to get over 100 people into
a tesla. I'll be doing test drives on Saturdays after I get my m3.
If you got THAT many referals (and you would have a referal code as a P90D owner) You would be invited to all these Tesla events. How come you havent gone?
It's simple for me. PLAID 3 (for me) and MD 3 (for my wife) she's an MD. ...
tsla007 will be put on my roadster 2.
PLAID?...but you don't even want Ludicrous. You have a Roadster also?! How big is your garage??
Gar-was just stating I'd like to know that db level because I listen to mostly classical music.
Wind and tire noise-yuck!
But you don't even care about speakers
wouldn't go-It would cost me too much money to leave work for 3 days not to mention all the work that would pile up for 3 days being gone.
Every rich person I know can afford a couple days off....
NO-I tweeted Elon and he said there was too much risk of scratching the car and how would it auto charge up on a long trip as snake charging isn't installed yet?
No one else saw this. Direct message? Apparently he's tight with EM.

Someone asked for a link to the tweet:

Not anymore - I deleted from twitter. Sent it about 6 months ago.
Ooooo....got it.

On yahoo finance message bd yesterday after close (it was quickly removed-about 3 min after posting-does Tesla want to keep that hush hush???)-
He has a talent for being the ONLY person to see certain posts.
At this point it won't matter if you order a S or not. Too late to jump in front now. About 2 months ago post unveil it was asked if you would jump in front if you bought an S-Elon said it wouldn't matter at this point which is why a cheaper S was offered. If you want a m3 just keep your reservation. If you don't care about getting a m3 or incentives then cancel it. Honestly the car probably won't be delivered til mid 2018 in reality. I'm expecting delays. But getting a S60 is a pretty good deal and larger trunk/frunk and much shorter waiting time. The car is just too darn big to fit in our garage and my wife and I don't need to seat 7. Just an awful waste of space for us.
So he thought about getting an S60 to move up in line...but it won't fit in his rich garage. Probably not enough room with the P90D, Prius, Porsche, and Roadster.

If you read the rest of his BS, he's a genius genome linux programmer at MIT that has made over $6,000,000 from his Tesla stocks.

Last edited:
If you read the rest of his BS, he's a genius genome linux programmer at MIT that has made over $6,000,000 from his Tesla stocks.
Nice job, that's a lot of detective work! I never would have made the connection, on the Tesla forums he's dd.micsol and has many of the same claims. He's also a network admin at MIT, and also directly contacts JB, or it might have been Franz.

Reactions: CCWgr and Chewy3

He doesn't own a Tesla...But just claimed in this thread to have a P90D

Supposedly owns a Porsche he will donate when he gets his M3

Now he has an S and a Prius? No more Porsche?

Lists a lot of things as "waste of money' But claims to be very rich in later posts.
'Doesn't really need' bigger battery. In this thread he opened with 'I need range'
No interest in Cow Bells or cool stuff (he later talks about extravagent modifications like a 55" TV in the trunk)
Doesn't need P or L....just claimed he has a P90D, but he also said he doesn't have a Tesla, so who knows!
No to hatchbacks! No Model S!

The Schrodinger Model S

Firstly, you're a terrible person if you dumped a car into a lake and left it.
This was in reference to ordering a M3, meaing he's never had another American Car (no Model S)

He said he sold on July 21, 2016 in another thread below...price was ~$221. But he also makes a LOT of big claims about his investments

No bells and whistles, eh?.....

Odd, he has NEVER posted anything in the Model S forum...

But you just said you sold at $247?...

Talking about the reservation gift - lithograph of M3. Keep reading to see why its relevant...

Joke?

Trashed or treasured? Notice the trend of contradicting information?

He's rich, but on a no-cow-bells budget for M3...

Leave out the the speakers??? What about that ridiculous Bose 3D sound system you were talking about? No Cow Bells? You don't want P? But you already have a P90D?...

If you got THAT many referals (and you would have a referal code as a P90D owner) You would be invited to all these Tesla events. How come you havent gone?

PLAID?...but you don't even want Ludicrous. You have a Roadster also?! How big is your garage??

But you don't even care about speakers

Every rich person I know can afford a couple days off....

No one else saw this. Direct message? Apparently he's tight with EM.

Someone asked for a link to the tweet:

Ooooo....got it.

He has a talent for being the ONLY person to see certain posts.

So he thought about getting an S60 to move up in line...but it won't fit in his rich garage. Probably not enough room with the P90D, Prius, Porsche, and Roadster.

Pretty fascinating. The internet lets us be whoever we'd like to be, but you gotta be consistent.

Reactions: CCWgr