Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diversity/Harrassment Issues at Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way standard PR operates in practically every company is to spin everything into a positive to maximum effect and to minimize everything that might be negative. That's pretty much PR 101.

Some feel a different approach might win even more loyalty. But in Tesla's case it is not even the par for the course stuff, it is the massive contrast between how they handle the good and the fight... vs. how the handle their bad. The contrast is just massive.

And I'm not talking marketing here, but corporate comms. In most companies they are pretty standard, formal, about all three of these. Tesla is passionate about the first two and silent about the third, IMO.

Yes, Tesla's PR response can get more personal than most companies and I agree it is likely to come from the top. But this had been the case since Tesla started. Elon tends to be quite vindictive when he feels he is wronged (example below from 2009).

No argument from me there, that's how Tesla fights.

As for Top Gear, what a missed opportunity to win hearts by embracing the show and its antics. I blame the Atlantic divide.