Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY BCM (body control module) Install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model S. The BCM (body control module) is bad. Tesla wants $1,000 for the part and ~$250 for the install. I can get a used part for $100 and comfortable doing the install procedure but I'm worried about the programming and firmware updates. Has anyone done this job themselves? Is it possible to DIY it?

I have a 2017 Model S. The BCM (body control module) is bad. Tesla wants $1,000 for the part and ~$250 for the install. I can get a used part for $100 and comfortable doing the install procedure but I'm worried about the programming and firmware updates. Has anyone done this job themselves? Is it possible to DIY it?
Did you ever get this figured out? I installed an update on my 2015 MS P90D and both of my keyfobs stopped working. Tesla unsuccessfully tried reprogramming the fobs twice. Tesla has no clue what's wrong and wants me to pay 240/hr for diagnosis and Electrified garage tells me I need to replace the BCM.

this is what needs to be done. Remember the keys of the car are linked to the BCM

Attachments

• Scherm­afbeelding 2023-04-22 om 23.33.03.png
    Scherm­afbeelding 2023-04-22 om 23.33.03.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 215