Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Big Brake Kit with Brembo 6 piston Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting everybody know that I've been driving my car on the street with these brakes on stock Brembo pads, and the pedal is nice and firm. No comment on brake fade as I haven't been to the track yet, but overall I am VERY happy with the Girodisc rotors and these calipers.

Thanks @jesse_le again for setting this up.
If anyone likes bling and wants titanium hardware like bleeder valve and brake pad retention bolt titanium works has these 😉
2EC7E470-07C8-4A06-8C42-248C925D4917.jpeg

Letting everybody know that I've been driving my car on the street with these brakes on stock Brembo pads, and the pedal is nice and firm. No comment on brake fade as I haven't been to the track yet, but overall I am VERY happy with the Girodisc rotors and these calipers.

Thanks @jesse_le again for setting this up.
Thanks for your constant feedback! Glad we can have a cost-effective brake upgrade. I'm right at 2422.73 (tax included) after it's all said and done.

Thanks for your constant feedback! Glad we can have a cost-effective brake upgrade. I'm right at 2422.73 (tax included) after it's all said and done.
I'm around that as well.

$800 calipers
$1200 for rotors
$75 for pads
$20 brake pad clips/pins
$15 bolts
$30 brake fluid
$60 2k paint
$15 14mm drill bit
$10 decals

I might be missing other things, but for $2500ish this BBK has to have the best performance to cost ratio.

Yeah…don’t. So their BBK on someone’s plaid left a “black ring” on their rotors. As you know they coat their rotors and the pad needs to scrub the coating off. Well… They “engineered” a bigger rotor without changing the hat and so the area in red and towards the center did not get scrubbed.

Let’s just say the two piece rotor had 2 colors on it and it looked really funny if you can visualize it. I’m trying to find the pic but here’s the RB diagram of 65mm of pad over a 76mm surface so it left 11mm of original unused rotor and finish that would never be scrubbed off 🤦🏻‍♂️

Brake engineers….go figure.
View attachment 825378
Here’s the pic as promised. Thanks @RB_PB for highjacking the thread. Yuck!
E21E34E8-04B8-4950-B4F1-2CE7C3868AAC.jpeg

Reactions: 3geekfamily
Admin Note:
In order to be fair to existing official Vendors (paying advertisers) who help support the site, all group buys coordinated on TMC should be with existing Vendors. If you would like to arrange a group buy with a business that is not a TMC vendor, please encourage them to reach out to us and consider becoming one.

Status
Not open for further replies.