Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Big Brake Kit with Brembo 6 piston Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working with a local company (Girodisc) who produces the MPP rotors and was curious if anyone would be interested in a Girodisc 370mm x 34mm to use with Cadillac CTS-V 6 piston caliper retrofit.

As we know RB Racing makes a rotor for this conversion/retrofit , but the rotors are stupid expensive at 2k - Girodisc would be significantly cheaper :) For Girodisc to develop the 2 piece rotor, we would need a total of 5 people that are willing to commit to this. The price I was told would be roughly 1100 per set and would require 500 deposit per person (you would pay Girodisc directly).

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can put you in touch with my contact there. Hopefully I can get 4 others that are willing to go in with me.

Since I'm local, fitment testing will be done on my car (MYP) and once they are developed, they will be stock item you can buy off the shelf.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
These are for just the rotors which is the hardest part of this retrofit.

There’s a couple ways you can get the calipers to mount up.

1. To drill out the caliper mounting points on the knuckle to accommodate a larger diameter bolt - M12 vs M14.

RB Racing page has goo tutorial on how to do this.

2. Using a timesert on the actual caliper to convert the then hole to M12 (this is how I have mine)

Outside of that, it’s a bolt on affair.

I've been working with a local company (Girodisc) who produces the MPP rotors and was curious if anyone would be interested in a Girodisc 370mm x 34mm to use with Cadillac CTS-V 6 piston caliper retrofit.

I don't have experience with the CTS-V conversion so I can't comment on that, but I've had the StopTech ST-60 kit from MountainPass installed for a year (5 track days and 30k miles) and I could not be happier with it. I'm also using their rear clamshell, which eliminate the very annoying pad rattle.

Reactions: jesse_le

As we know RB Racing makes a rotor for this conversion/retrofit , but the rotors are stupid expensive at 2k - Girodisc would be significantly cheaper :) For Girodisc to develop the 2 piece rotor, we would need a total of 5 people that are willing to commit to this. The price I was told would be roughly 1100 per set and would require 500 deposit per person (you would pay Girodisc directly).

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can put you in touch with my contact there. Hopefully I can get 4 others that are willing to go in with me.

Since I'm local, fitment testing will be done on my car (MYP) and once they are developed, they will be stock item you can buy off the shelf.
Interested.

These are for just the rotors which is the hardest part of this retrofit.

There’s a couple ways you can get the calipers to mount up.

1. To drill out the caliper mounting points on the knuckle to accommodate a larger diameter bolt - M12 vs M14.

RB Racing page has goo tutorial on how to do this.

2. Using a timesert on the actual caliper to convert the then hole to M12 (this is how I have mine)

Outside of that, it’s a bolt on affair.
What's the P/N for the CTS-V caliper? Isn't there an alternative caliper that similar to the CTS-V one?

What's this insert you speak of?

What's the P/N for the CTS-V caliper? Isn't there an alternative caliper that similar to the CTS-V one?

What's this insert you speak of?
The caliper “hole” is bigger than Tesla on where it mounts. You either have to drill the hole out so it’s bigger OR stick a reducer insert into the caliper to make the diameter smaller hence the oem bolt will slide snug through the insert. You don’t want the caliper loose while braking.

The caliper “hole” is bigger than Tesla on where it mounts. You either have to drill the hole out so it’s bigger OR stick a reducer insert into the caliper to make the diameter smaller hence the oem bolt will slide snug through the insert. You don’t want the caliper loose while braking.
I get that.

I mean what insert was used? Do we have a link to this insert to make this kit more plug and play? I suppose drilling a 9/16“ opening on the knuckle isn't terrible, but I'd like the ability to revert to stock if necessary.

I get that.

I mean what insert was used? Do we have a link to this insert to make this kit more plug and play? I suppose drilling a 9/16“ opening on the knuckle isn't terrible, but I'd like the ability to revert to stock if necessary.
It shouldn’t be that hard finding one but knowing oem size and the caliper you would just have to sort it unless someone has already found one at the auto parts store

Are you including me here? I'd need a link to those CTS V calipers that are definitely 100% correct
Just search for CTS-V V2 6 piston calipers. They're all over eBay and other GM parts sellers.

There are only 2 versions. CTS-V V1 is 4 piston, and V2 is 6 piston. You want the 6 piston.

Another car caliper that works is the Camaro ZL1 6 piston calipers, which come in red.

Last edited:
Upgraded a Camaro SS brakes using Caddy CTS V calipers with Ferodo DS3.12 pads and two-piece Brembo rotors a while back. Definitely less expensive than going the Brembo BBK route. My customer ran in all the at Buttonwillow without any issues.

CTS V calipers and Girodisc combo look promising. What is the minimum wheel size? Top-loading pads will make pad swap a breeze. On top of that, a lot more pad brand and compound selection.

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpg
    IMG_2646.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,453
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_2647.jpg
    IMG_2647.jpg