Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Diy ceramic coat after professional paint correction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title summarizes it. I just cannot justify spending $1,500+ on a ceramic coat and looking for more affordable options. I have definitely done my research and know that what I would not be able to do is the paint correction and polish. I know a reputable local shop that's willing to do a detail a 1 step paint correction (which is likely all I need) for about 300- 400 bucks. Has anyone ever had a professional prep the car, then do the ceramic coat yourself? What was your experience like?

Reactions: bnsfengineer
Of course! Doing the ceramic is the easy part. The paint correction is what takes skill.

Note that the "pro only" coatings are more finicky to install and can have install issues, but will last longer. But if you get a good paint correction done, putting on the coating is simple and less than you would think.

I recommend the GTechniq CSL / EXO combo that Matt @ Obsessed Garage sells.

Car Paint Coatings

Watch his videos, installation is a snap.

Of course! Doing the ceramic is the easy part. The paint correction is what takes skill.

Note that the "pro only" coatings are more finicky to install and can have install issues, but will last longer. But if you get a good paint correction done, putting on the coating is simple and less than you would think.

I recommend the GTechniq CSL / EXO combo that Matt @ Obsessed Garage sells.

Car Paint Coatings

Watch his videos, installation is a snap.

Not the first time I've heard this recommendation. Seems like I got myself a diy project