Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good call, I might have thrown that away last week when I did some emblem work and thought I was done with that. That’s why I didn’t make a big deal about it, I was able to finish it without a problem anyways, you are most likely correct.
I looked for a long time for mine and was surprised it didn’t come with. I didn’t look at the emblems because I was going to do red on those, but last frustrated push I looked and found them.

Finished my install this afternoon, took about 4 hours for the window trim and mirrors. Overall it came out awesome, the kit was missing a few of the small pieces around the mirror, but it wasn’t a big deal since I had some extra vinyl from the door handles. Didn’t need to redo a single piece, so I have a whole second kit in case anything gets messed up in the future. Now if only the rain would stop and I could get some good pictures!View attachment 491169 View attachment 491170

Looks great! Shoot us an email or PM and we'll send you that small parts kit if you weren't able to find it.

Reactions: Elmacdios
I recently installed the matte kit and messed up on couple sections, twice

can I order just a few sections to redo?

Also, if I decided to do satin instead of matte in the future, do you sell the vinyl without the heat gun at any discount?

thanks

FdekwT7.jpg

I recently installed the matte kit and messed up on couple sections, twice

can I order just a few sections to redo?

Also, if I decided to do satin instead of matte in the future, do you sell the vinyl without the heat gun at any discount?

thanks

FdekwT7.jpg

Love it! If you just need a couple pieces replaced send us an email and we will get those out to you. We offer full kits without the heat gun for $142 on our website. Just select "exclude heat gun" before adding the kit to your cart.

I got the replacement heat gun. I haven't had a good day to take pictures because of the short days and the weather, so here is a slightly dirty picture of my chrome delete (It rained again today and will rain throughout the holidays). Looks petty good up close too, a couple spots I know are not perfect, but not wort re-doing either. I'm slow so I probably spent about 8-9 hours (I did every thing but the mirrors one weekend and finished the mirrors over the next 2 days.)

TeslaChromeDelete.jpg

Now I need to figure out what to do for the dual motor underline badge. I think I will try plasti dip, and if that does not work I will just remove it and go full stealth performance.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
I got the replacement heat gun. I haven't had a good day to take pictures because of the short days and the weather, so here is a slightly dirty picture of my chrome delete (It rained again today and will rain throughout the holidays). Looks petty good up close too, a couple spots I know are not perfect, but not wort re-doing either. I'm slow so I probably spent about 8-9 hours (I did every thing but the mirrors one weekend and finished the mirrors over the next 2 days.)

Now I need to figure out what to do for the dual motor underline badge. I think I will try plasti dip, and if that does not work I will just remove it and go full stealth performance.

is that Satin or Matte black? Going to order a kit soon for my pearl white, but can't decide whether I want glossy, satin, or matte

9F24293B-59CF-4FAC-AD83-918DD4903AD7.jpeg

love how it turned out. I definitely learned some skills from start to finish. Start with the easier side trims and watch the videos. Then watch and pause the videos as you go. Very nice kit and good quality.

I just got the red emblems for Christmas and can’t wait to install all of them. Currently it has the black that came with the kit which is nice but I have another set of the black if the red doesn’t workout I can put them back on.

I also had a brushed door handle wrap on first that had the T logo cutout and I installed the Nikola Pro over them. The NP is nicer quality and larger to wrap over the edges and now has a nice embossed T logo in them!!

View attachment 492294

View attachment 493006
love how it turned out. I definitely learned some skills from start to finish. Start with the easier side trims and watch the videos. Then watch and pause the videos as you go. Very nice kit and good quality.

I just got the red emblems for Christmas and can’t wait to install all of them. Currently it has the black that came with the kit which is nice but I have another set of the black if the red doesn’t workout I can put them back on.

I also had a brushed door handle wrap on first that had the T logo cutout and I installed the Nikola Pro over them. The NP is nicer quality and larger to wrap over the edges and now has a nice embossed T logo in them!!

Great job both of you! Love it

Reactions: Glamisduner
First timer here.

1) can the heat gun be powered through the 12v outlet in the model 3? I live in an apartment complex and the garage doesn’t seem to have any power outlets.

2) any year end discounts or combo discounts ? Planning to get chrome delete, pillar delete and the center console wrap.

thanks !

First timer here.

1) can the heat gun be powered through the 12v outlet in the model 3? I live in an apartment complex and the garage doesn’t seem to have any power outlets.

2) any year end discounts or combo discounts ? Planning to get chrome delete, pillar delete and the center console wrap.

thanks !

Hey there!

1) The heat gun is only compatible with 120v AC power. One option is to get a cordless heat gun somewhere like Home Depot or even Amazon

2) Adding both the chrome and pillar delete kits to your cart automatically applies a discount up to $19

Reactions: joshi.varun91
This kit was super easy of you’re detail oriented. I watched the video on each piece to see what the finished product should look like, then went back the beginning and followed along. Watching the videos this way took way more time than the actual installation.
Side trims are easiest, then fender cameras, and the mirrors have some tricky spots.
Glad to have a whole extra kit to replace any pieces that may get scratched or something.

Attachments

• 12732F17-69C5-46FD-95B0-97C690591394.jpeg
    12732F17-69C5-46FD-95B0-97C690591394.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro