Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This kit was super easy of you’re detail oriented. I watched the video on each piece to see what the finished product should look like, then went back the beginning and followed along. Watching the videos this way took way more time than the actual installation.
Side trims are easiest, then fender cameras, and the mirrors have some tricky spots.
Glad to have a whole extra kit to replace any pieces that may get scratched or something.

Good idea on watching all the videos first. Finished product looks great!

B6832234-45D7-4C44-94C7-74B7E099437F.jpeg
One of the best products ive ever bought. Every piece with remarkably precise, the tools and videos are great. I was hesitant to do it myself but found it fairly easy, its just time consuming. If you have an entire day basically, i would do it yourself and make sure to watch the videos. Mine is satin black. Mirrors didnt come out great but that was more me starting to lose focus. Great purchase.

I watched the videos on the mirrors and there are a bunch of pieces there.. once done when you look at it do you see seams all over? Just wondering how this compares to a professional job if they use less pieces of material.

I watched the videos on the mirrors and there are a bunch of pieces there.. once done when you look at it do you see seams all over? Just wondering how this compares to a professional job if they use less pieces of material.

no you dont unless you look very close. Im fairly picky about stuff but not anal about it and to me its more than good enough. I think if a professional installed the Nikola kit it would look better than me installing the Nikola kit if thats what youre asking. But if youre asking if a professional custom wrap will come out better, i really doubt it

• Informative
Reactions: davider

only spot is the bottom of the mirrors but overall great kit. The top long piece is one piece so no seam there and all other seams are natural with the doors.

• Informative
Reactions: davider
View attachment 494586 One of the best products ive ever bought. Every piece with remarkably precise, the tools and videos are great. I was hesitant to do it myself but found it fairly easy, its just time consuming. If you have an entire day basically, i would do it yourself and make sure to watch the videos. Mine is satin black. Mirrors didnt come out great but that was more me starting to lose focus. Great purchase.

Great job! Glad you liked the kit :)

no you dont unless you look very close. Im fairly picky about stuff but not anal about it and to me its more than good enough. I think if a professional installed the Nikola kit it would look better than me installing the Nikola kit if thats what youre asking. But if youre asking if a professional custom wrap will come out better, i really doubt it

We even sell our kit to a lot of professional wrap shops who find it be a huge time saver that provides similar or even better results than doing it by hand :)

• Informative
Reactions: davider and rlb4
My experience:

Background: No wrap experience, but fairly detail oriented. Used to do some freelance detailing back in my younger days.

Good: Finished result looks good. Application is not terribly onerous, but does take some time. Certainly does not take special skills and is fairly forgiving. Videos are clear and quite helpful. I'm guessing it took about 6 hours total for me (I did it over 2 days, so hard to be exact).

Bad: For some reason, I had real issues with P-T3. I blew through both of mine, and the second was far from perfect, but oh well. I'm guessing that with the mirror somewhat in the way, I tended to stretch it a bit, which caused issues (I did better on D-T3, which I did after the passenger side). I had a couple issues with the packing, mainly with the T1 pieces, I think because of the unusual shape. The P-T1 piece had a crease that didn't fully come out when I applied it. Also, the T1 pieces had some of the backing come off a bit, which caused one of my P-T1 pieces to get some cardboard fibers on the adhesive side. Not sure how this would have affected application, as I used the other one. My kit was sitting around for a few weeks, which may have caused some of the issues with the T1 pieces. Everything else was fine, as the pieces were either rolled up or packed flat, so no problems with creasing or backing coming off for those.

Suggestions: As some have already suggested, a 12V or cordless heat gun option would be great. One of the reasons mine sat around for awhile was because I had to wait until I had access to a garage with a power outlet (I live in a condo, with no plugs available). Another easy addition I would recommend would be including a piece of scrap for any small issues that arise. For me, there is a small sliver of exposed chrome on the camera and while I have plenty of extra material, I don't really want to cannibalize a nicely pre-cut piece when just any small bit of scrap would do. Seems like a cheap and easy addition that I certainly would have made use of.

Overall, I highly recommend the kit. Videos make the process pretty straightforward, so I really believe that most anyone can do this.

• Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
Great dechrome products! Found it very easy to use along with the exceptional video instructions. I wrapped the side cameras and door handles myself with sheets of Vvivid gloss black vinyl already. So I just ordered the window trim and mirror as separate pieces in gloss black to match. I also ordered the emblems in gloss black and decals in pearl white. I'm also going to change the door handles to pearl white later this week.

IMG_2041.JPG
IMG_2047.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2043.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
View attachment 495467
IMG_2048.JPG
IMG_2039.JPG

Last edited:
Stephen at Nikola Pro went above and beyond for a little side project I had in mind. I'm going to be installing the chrome delete kit in Satin Black this week and can't wait to see the finished product on my MSM 3! Thank you Stephen for the amazing customer service! It is much appreciated!

Home | Nikola Pro

Also, want to send a huge thank you over to Matthew at Living Tesla for all of his help. He has some great videos and a sweet license plate attachment for the front plate (called Snapplate). Do yourself a favor and check it out!

LivingTesla

Great dechrome products! Found it very easy to use along with the exceptional video instructions. I wrapped the side cameras and door handles myself with sheets of Vvivid gloss black vinyl already. So I just ordered the window trim and mirror as separate pieces in gloss black to match. I also ordered the emblems in gloss black and decals in pearl white. I'm also going to change the door handles to pearl white later this week.

View attachment 495460 View attachment 495462 View attachment 495463 View attachment 495464 View attachment 495465 View attachment 495466 View attachment 495467 View attachment 495469 View attachment 495468
How much was it for just the mirror and window trim? That’s all I really need too.

Are those wheels Stance SF03s? Very nice! I have the Vertini VS12, which is the forged version of those.