Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a follow-up mini-review on my Matrix Black kit that I've had on the car since these first came out. I'm in NY where we've had sun, rain, snow, and ice since I've had it on (sometimes all in the same day). So far, everything still looks great and it's holding up against the cold weather conditions well. The only problem I've encountered thus far is when it was so cold out that the windows didn't lower automatically when the door was opened and the very edge of the glass scraped against the bottom edge of the wrap on the top piece (it happened on three doors so far.) This caused a tiny strip to break off, dangling down from the rest of it. I simply tore it off as it was a perfect cut along the line of the frame. You can't tell that it came off and everything still looks great.

Not sure if this is something the Matrix Black is more prone to than the other smoother wraps, but I thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone wanted to know how these things were holding up in the Northern climate states.

Still 100% satisfied with this purchase and if it ever does come off such that the chrome becomes noticeable, I'll definitely repurchase and reapply even if this were an annual event.

• Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
Here’s “Midnight Lightning” looking fairly stealth in the Nikola Pro Chrome Delete! I just finished wrapping the door handles, and I popped the black center caps back on, to complete the new look! It’s so fun making this car a bit more unique. There’s so many darn 3s here in SoCal now. :eek:

3AAF4454-BEDE-418B-80CB-17E7175A6225.jpeg

Nikola I saw in an earlier post you had taken pictures of 3M samples next to the uncovered aero wheels, any chance you could do the same thing next to the current gray 20" performance wheels? I'd love to get a chrome delete in a color that matches those wheels. Candidates seem to be Satin Dark Gray, Dead Matte Black, or Matte Dark Gray, unless you have something else even closer. And can you create a chrome delete kit in a custom color?

Thanks!

Nikola I saw in an earlier post you had taken pictures of 3M samples next to the uncovered aero wheels, any chance you could do the same thing next to the current gray 20" performance wheels? I'd love to get a chrome delete in a color that matches those wheels. Candidates seem to be Satin Dark Gray, Dead Matte Black, or Matte Dark Gray, unless you have something else even closer. And can you create a chrome delete kit in a custom color?

Thanks!

We are doing batches of the satin dark gray color this week. Just put your request in the order notes on checkout and we will take care of it for you :)

Did my install with the color 3M satin dark gray (S261).

Thoughts:
+ Great kit design! I did the install in 8 hours but I have never done this before.
+ Install videos are great. I watched the videos once beforehand and watched it again during.
+ The spares! Absolutely necessary for someone like me. I only messed up on P-M3 but without the spares I couldn't have finished the job. Would have to live with a 'bad hair cut' for weeks.
+ Color itself is a gun metal gray, which after finishing, I love.
- This is my personal decision. I didn't think this color matches the Aero wheels.
- Again my choice. I think Black would work out better. With the gray, a few shades lighter than black, I think where the wrap overlaps each other is a bit apparent.

I'm very happy with this.

Attachments

• 20200119_151946.jpg
    20200119_151946.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 20200119_152002.jpg
    20200119_152002.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 166