Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Individual sections are now live here Tesla Model 3 Premium Chrome Delete Kit - Individual Sections | Nikola Pro

Note that each section contains two of every piece. For example the mirror section has two sets of both the driver/passenger side.

Editing the mirror installation right now. Should be available soon.

How many pieces for each window trim?
Do they come with heat gun?
If I order them tonight, how soon is the shipping? Can't wait, I really don't like the chrome trims. Thanks.

How many pieces for each window trim?
Do they come with heat gun?
If I order them tonight, how soon is the shipping? Can't wait, I really don't like the chrome trims. Thanks.

The window trim has a top (largest trim), bottom (front and back) and then the back triangle. Since each piece has a duplicate and you get both driver and passenger sides it comes out to 16 pieces included for $50. The heat gun is not supplied, I can add an option for that though.

If you order tonight it will realistically ship out Tuesday and arrive a couple days after that. We're a little swamped with work right now

The window trim has a top (largest trim), bottom (front and back) and then the back triangle. Since each piece has a duplicate and you get both driver and passenger sides it comes out to 16 pieces included for $50. The heat gun is not supplied, I can add an option for that though.

If you order tonight it will realistically ship out Tuesday and arrive a couple days after that. We're a little swamped with work right now

I just ordered them. As long as it arrives on Saturday, it is fine. Thanks.

Reactions: Nikola Pro
Very nice.
Nice price too. I like that it includes 2 sets of vinyl since a beginner like me would probably mess up somewhere. Heat gun is a huge plus too.
Waiting for video before I commit.

Waiting for the video before I buy. Also need a comparison of the 3 variants. Thanks!

Interested to see the installation video mainly to learn how to install the vinyl on the side mirrors.

Can't wait to see the video install

Ditto! hopefully the video spends a bit of time detailing what should be the most challenging part to black-out. I would think the rest should be a lot easier than this part.

Would love to see some up close images of the mirror install!

Is the install video ready? Not sure where to go look. Waiting for that to order. Thanks!

Here's the mirror install video

I will probably redo the voiceover at some point as I was using my Macbooks built-in mic. The other install sections will be available soon as well.

Very detailed install video, thanks. It appears that there are going to be a lot of exposed seams with this method. Will have to keep an eye out for detailed post install photos.

The seams are more noticeable in the video because I have several high wattage studio lights focused on the frame at all times. Much less noticeable in the daylight. I’ve had this kit on my vehicle for several weeks now without issues

silly question here - but any concerns about power washing the newly 'deleted' chrome areas? is it recommended to wait a few days to wash? And maybe go light on direct close up spray from a power washer? also, i think i saw this, but what's the expected life span of this vinal (5 yrs i think i saw).

silly question here - but any concerns about power washing the newly 'deleted' chrome areas? is it recommended to wait a few days to wash? And maybe go light on direct close up spray from a power washer? also, i think i saw this, but what's the expected life span of this vinal (5 yrs i think i saw).

The vinyl does take a few hours to "cure". After that it is much better adhered to the surface of your vehicle. It should have no trouble with a pressure washer if spraying at the recommended 2-3 feet away. But like tlr1000 said, it depends a lot on the psi and nozzle. At a certain point it will rip off vinyl no matter the material.

The 3M 1080 material that we use is rated for a 7 year lifespan if taken care of properly

Last edited:
Reactions: bigroo42
Is this available in the 3m brushed black metallic?

We can certainly make a custom order for you. It will be a few days before we do a directional textured one like brushed black. We have to create the cut file so that every piece lines up and looks natural. You don't want the texture to be oriented several different ways on something like the mirror.

The solid colors are much easier since we can cut them every which way on the vinyl cutter without worrying about orientation.

In fact, at a certain point, it will rip off parts of your car and paint!
Very true. Hopefully no one uses that kind of pressure to wash their car. Even with moderate pressure, the spray angle will make a difference (if not immediately, over time) that can lift the vinyl between seams. Spraying on an angle with overlap seam (top diagram) will have less wear that against the overlap seam (bottom angle). Since the mirror has so many seams, it'd be safest just to avoid the pressure washer.

pw angle.jpg