Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There ya go @bigroo42

@Nikola Pro I feel like you didn't have blue back in Dec when I bought mine. Glad to see you do now. If you want to swap one set of my satin black for blue before shipping that would be great!

We’ve had it on Amazon for awhile but not our website. Currently out of that blue material but I can order some. Would you want the chrome delete style that wraps around the edges? Edit: just realized you might’ve meant an entire set of chrome delete for blue instead of one of the satins. We can certainly do that but it would delay your order by a few days. Cool?

We’ve had it on Amazon for awhile but not our website. Currently out of that blue material but I can order some. Would you want the chrome delete style that wraps around the edges? Edit: just realized you might’ve meant an entire set of chrome delete for blue instead of one of the satins. We can certainly do that but it would delay your order by a few days. Cool?

Not the entire kit, just one set of door handles? How much of a delay? I might be interested in the wrap version.

Received my Matrix Black kit today! Packaged nicely and securely. I won’t be able to get to it this weekend but I’ll post some pictures as soon as I do.

Also, the Hot Wheels Model 3 was a nice unexpected gift!

I had a motorcycle ride planned today but the weather has a chance of rain so I might stay home and work on the wrap instead. I’ll start with the cameras, decals and handles. Does it matter if I do trim before mirrors? I think I’d prefer to save mirrors for last since that looks to be the hardest with multiple small pieces.

I had a motorcycle ride planned today but the weather has a chance of rain so I might stay home and work on the wrap instead. I’ll start with the cameras, decals and handles. Does it matter if I do trim before mirrors? I think I’d prefer to save mirrors for last since that looks to be the hardest with multiple small pieces.

Order doesn’t matter. We’ll probably switch up the ordering on our install page so mirrors are last as well

Reactions: Plug-n-Play
Order doesn’t matter. We’ll probably switch up the ordering on our install page so mirrors are last as well

Only got to do the logos and the door handles. I’ll do the cameras tomorrow, trim perhaps if I can squeeze it in. Mirrors when I have a weekend.

So far the easy stuff was no problem. I made some mistakes but the stuff is resilient and I was able to peel it, heat gun it to undo the stretch, then reimposition as needed.

The precut backing was an awesome idea and makes placement even easier and you don’t have to worry about the adhesive sticking to the car or itself while you’re still placing it into position.

I’m confident that I’ll get the rest of the job done perfectly! I’ll post pictures once complete.

PS - Matrix Black looks fantastic on MSM.

• Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
Only got to do the logos and the door handles. I’ll do the cameras tomorrow, trim perhaps if I can squeeze it in. Mirrors when I have a weekend.

So far the easy stuff was no problem. I made some mistakes but the stuff is resilient and I was able to peel it, heat gun it to undo the stretch, then reimposition as needed.

The precut backing was an awesome idea and makes placement even easier and you don’t have to worry about the adhesive sticking to the car or itself while you’re still placing it into position.

I’m confident that I’ll get the rest of the job done perfectly! I’ll post pictures once complete.

PS - Matrix Black looks fantastic on MSM.

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see the finished install!

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see the finished install!

I was able to finish the cameras and the trim when I got home from work - again, a superbly easy kit to work with. Even the cameras which are a bit tricky due to the curved shape went on perfectly without requiring any stretching.

Only pieces left are the mirror - I'm not sure if I'll try that tomorrow night or if I should wait for the weekend. I feel like I'm confident in my work so far based on the earlier pieces that I may just bang it out tomorrow!

I have some serious OCD when it comes to these kinds of things - I've been known to go through multiple sets of screen protectors for my phone simply because it wasn't on there perfectly the first time, but this kit is so well designed, documented, and forgiving (made a mistake? Peel it back and re-apply. Did you stretch it out when you peeled back? Shoot it with the head gun and it'll shrink back!) - I honestly don't have any advice or suggestions on how to make it better. If there was a way for you to indicate exactly how much to overlap the edges, that would be the only thing I can suggest, but even that is something you learn after the first piece.

Maybe include a small "practice" piece of trim for each major piece just to be able to gauge how much overhang is necessary, it doesn't have to be a full piece, and it will allow the beginner to burn a practice piece instead of one of the two sets. I didn't need the second set for anything yet, but I can see needing it to repair something later on if I rip it while clearing snow or something...

• Love
Reactions: Nikola Pro
I was able to finish the cameras and the trim when I got home from work - again, a superbly easy kit to work with. Even the cameras which are a bit tricky due to the curved shape went on perfectly without requiring any stretching.

Only pieces left are the mirror - I'm not sure if I'll try that tomorrow night or if I should wait for the weekend. I feel like I'm confident in my work so far based on the earlier pieces that I may just bang it out tomorrow!

I have some serious OCD when it comes to these kinds of things - I've been known to go through multiple sets of screen protectors for my phone simply because it wasn't on there perfectly the first time, but this kit is so well designed, documented, and forgiving (made a mistake? Peel it back and re-apply. Did you stretch it out when you peeled back? Shoot it with the head gun and it'll shrink back!) - I honestly don't have any advice or suggestions on how to make it better. If there was a way for you to indicate exactly how much to overlap the edges, that would be the only thing I can suggest, but even that is something you learn after the first piece.

Maybe include a small "practice" piece of trim for each major piece just to be able to gauge how much overhang is necessary, it doesn't have to be a full piece, and it will allow the beginner to burn a practice piece instead of one of the two sets. I didn't need the second set for anything yet, but I can see needing it to repair something later on if I rip it while clearing snow or something...

Great suggestion! Adding a marking on the back that demonstrates the proper amount of overlap shouldn't be too difficult.

Post some pictures when you're all done. Interested to see how the matrix black turned out :)

Reactions: rzareiser