Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still have to do my mirrors, but here are some pictures of the other parts for those curious.

3eogHQj.jpg

vWkuO7l.jpg

Whn3SRY.jpg

4PhfH4Q.jpg

TbHhdwY.jpg

XRyGCDu.jpg

Our website is currently experiencing issues. We're investigating the cause. For those orders placed in the last 10 minutes we will manually verify that confirmations were sent. If you're trying to place an order right now please wait 10 minutes before trying again.

Edit: The issues have been resolved.

Finished the job today, here are the mirrors and a final side shot - you can definitely see the seams on the multiple pieces of the mirror wrap, and while I think I did a pretty good job, there are some tiny imperfections that someone with OCD would probably call out if they did the 1 foot distance inspection of my work. I still have my full second set and I think I could do it perfectly my second time around, but as I live in a cold winter climate region, I want to keep it as a backup set to replace any pieces damaged from snow/ice removal.

rIrTHqW.jpg

7TpJsVy.jpg

j2smsop.jpg

e109w3U.jpg
LT9npyu.jpg

Finished the job today, here are the mirrors and a final side shot - you can definitely see the seams on the multiple pieces of the mirror wrap, and while I think I did a pretty good job, there are some tiny imperfections that someone with OCD would probably call out if they did the 1 foot distance inspection of my work. I still have my full second set and I think I could do it perfectly my second time around, but as I live in a cold winter climate region, I want to keep it as a backup set to replace any pieces damaged from snow/ice removal.

rIrTHqW.jpg

7TpJsVy.jpg

j2smsop.jpg

e109w3U.jpg
LT9npyu.jpg

Awesome! Great to hear that you were able to do it all with the first set. Matrix black is a heavier vinyl so seams show up a little more than the lighter materials like matte or satin. Overall I think it looks pretty good though!

Do you have any suggestions for improvements? We may add matrix black as one of our stocked options soon

rIrTHqW.jpg

7TpJsVy.jpg

j2smsop.jpg

e109w3U.jpg
LT9npyu.jpg

Your install looks really good! The seams don't bother me too much, but is there any concern of them peeling due to being exposed?

Reactions: Nikola Pro
Awesome! Great to hear that you were able to do it all with the first set. Matrix black is a heavier vinyl so seams show up a little more than the lighter materials like matte or satin. Overall I think it looks pretty good though!

Do you have any suggestions for improvements? We may add matrix black as one of our stocked options soon

I would highly recommend adding Matrix to the mix - it's such a great pattern and I have it everywhere - dash, console, charger outlet, hell I'd put them on my wheels if I could.

As for suggestions for improvements, honestly I feel that you guys knocked this one out of the park. Only thing I could recommend is what I've already suggested - if there's a way to show exactly how much overhang your piece should have, that would be great to use as a reference the start of each piece.

Also, as you work with the pieces, you start to learn exactly which piece you want to be perfectly lined up with the edge of the chrome, or something that should be perfectly level because it will be visible - it might be a good idea to make note of those types of things in the install video.

I am 100% satisfied with this kit, and I'm amazed that I was able to do as good a job as I did. Like I said, the perfectionist with OCD at 1 foot will be able to see a few things that I could have done better, but that's a pretty high benchmark.

Your install looks really good! The seams don't bother me too much, but is there any concern of them peeling due to being exposed?

Honestly the seams don't bother me either. I'll be watching the seams over time to see how they fare with use and report back. That said, I've used 3M vinyl wrap for other things before and if that experience is any indication, I'm not too worried.

Reactions: elf9 and Nikola Pro
I would highly recommend adding Matrix to the mix - it's such a great pattern and I have it everywhere - dash, console, charger outlet, hell I'd put them on my wheels if I could.

As for suggestions for improvements, honestly I feel that you guys knocked this one out of the park. Only thing I could recommend is what I've already suggested - if there's a way to show exactly how much overhang your piece should have, that would be great to use as a reference the start of each piece.

Also, as you work with the pieces, you start to learn exactly which piece you want to be perfectly lined up with the edge of the chrome, or something that should be perfectly level because it will be visible - it might be a good idea to make note of those types of things in the install video.

I am 100% satisfied with this kit, and I'm amazed that I was able to do as good a job as I did. Like I said, the perfectionist with OCD at 1 foot will be able to see a few things that I could have done better, but that's a pretty high benchmark.

Honestly the seams don't bother me either. I'll be watching the seams over time to see how they fare with use and report back. That said, I've used 3M vinyl wrap for other things before and if that experience is any indication, I'm not too worried.

Thank you for the kind words and suggestions! It's really appreciated :)

• Love
Reactions: Plug-n-Play