Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way I can get a sample of matte, satin gloss black to use in person? I want to hold the pieces up to the car in the light to make my ordering desicion.

Alot of Tint or Detail shops do wraps as well and have no problem letting you see the various wraps or even give you some scrap pieces as samples, I'd recommend checking a local shop. While you're there, you can have them provide an estimate on doing the chrome delete for you so you can bask in the glory of knowing how much money you're saving by going DIY,.

Sample squares of the matte/satin/gloss/matrix finishes can be purchased from our website at the link below. It comes with four 4.5 x 4.5 inch squares so you can decide on which finish you want. The price is $5 which represents the cost for us to pick, pack and ship them. We are not making a profit on this service

Tesla Model 3 Premium Chrome Delete Kit - Individual Sections | Nikola Pro

edit: matrix added as well

Important update:

There's currently a shortage at 3M's factory for many of the popular 1080 colors. We just bought the last remaining rolls from every supplier but if the shortage continues then satin black will be placed on backorder. If you've been waiting to purchase the satin finish now may be a good time. We will provide more updates soon.

• Informative
Reactions: elf9
Having similar issues as slotti on the door handles. Happened on my first install and my second install. The edges don't seem to hold well on some parts of the wrap around.

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_161339.jpg
    IMG_20190926_161339.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 356
Having similar issues as slotti on the door handles. Happened on my first install and my second install. The edges don't seem to hold well on some parts of the wrap around.

Did you use a cleaning solution on the edges before installing? There may be some dust hiding under there. Also waiting 30 minutes to an hour after install will allow the adhesive to bond more to the surface

Happy to send some replacement handles if you need them!

Aiming to have the updated center console completed by the middle of October. It will be separate from the steering wheel kit.

We’re focusing entirely on meeting demand for the chrome delete kit at this time. The design and production methods to create the new center console wrap are in place but will have to hold off for now. Shipping is free on our website by the way!

I'm based in Australia unfortunately.. website is quoting Australia Flat Rate: $29.99 Estimate for Australia.
I can wait to get the delete and centre console kits together :)

What's the best cleaning solution to use. *I need to watch the video I'm sure*

I just started with a clean car and then took a damp microfiber rag and cleaned up the parts I was wrapping to make sure there weren't any remnants of dirt or other contaminants, then ran over it with a dry microfiber and finally another microfiber with some isopropyl alcohol to remove any oils.

Reactions: Nikola Pro