Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DIY Chrome Delete Kit - Nikola Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience:

Background: No wrap experience, but fairly detail oriented. Used to do some freelance detailing back in my younger days.

Good: Finished result looks good. Application is not terribly onerous, but does take some time. Certainly does not take special skills and is fairly forgiving. Videos are clear and quite helpful. I'm guessing it took about 6 hours total for me (I did it over 2 days, so hard to be exact).

Bad: For some reason, I had real issues with P-T3. I blew through both of mine, and the second was far from perfect, but oh well. I'm guessing that with the mirror somewhat in the way, I tended to stretch it a bit, which caused issues (I did better on D-T3, which I did after the passenger side). I had a couple issues with the packing, mainly with the T1 pieces, I think because of the unusual shape. The P-T1 piece had a crease that didn't fully come out when I applied it. Also, the T1 pieces had some of the backing come off a bit, which caused one of my P-T1 pieces to get some cardboard fibers on the adhesive side. Not sure how this would have affected application, as I used the other one. My kit was sitting around for a few weeks, which may have caused some of the issues with the T1 pieces. Everything else was fine, as the pieces were either rolled up or packed flat, so no problems with creasing or backing coming off for those.

Suggestions: As some have already suggested, a 12V or cordless heat gun option would be great. One of the reasons mine sat around for awhile was because I had to wait until I had access to a garage with a power outlet (I live in a condo, with no plugs available). Another easy addition I would recommend would be including a piece of scrap for any small issues that arise. For me, there is a small sliver of exposed chrome on the camera and while I have plenty of extra material, I don't really want to cannibalize a nicely pre-cut piece when just any small bit of scrap would do. Seems like a cheap and easy addition that I certainly would have made use of.

Overall, I highly recommend the kit. Videos make the process pretty straightforward, so I really believe that most anyone can do this.

Good idea on the extra piece. Also if you need any replacements let me know!

Great dechrome products! Found it very easy to use along with the exceptional video instructions. I wrapped the side cameras and door handles myself with sheets of Vvivid gloss black vinyl already. So I just ordered the window trim and mirror as separate pieces in gloss black to match. I also ordered the emblems in gloss black and decals in pearl white. I'm also going to change the door handles to pearl white later this week.

View attachment 495460 View attachment 495462 View attachment 495463 View attachment 495464 View attachment 495465 View attachment 495466 View attachment 495467 View attachment 495469 View attachment 495468

Love it!

How much was it for just the mirror and window trim? That’s all I really need too.

Are those wheels Stance SF03s? Very nice! I have the Vertini VS12, which is the forged version of those.

You can buy individual sections at the link below. Mirror and window trim are $50 each and they come with two of each piece

Tesla Model 3 Premium Chrome Delete Kit - Individual Sections | Nikola Pro

Reactions: hydro 481
Any pics of the dark grey, or really any color other than black, on a white car? I’m curious to see what that looks like, I personally am not feeling the black trim with the white for some reason but I don’t love the chrome either.

Thanks. How do we order custom colors like satin dark gray? Does it cost extra?

Also, I have an existing chrome delete on my car. Should I remove it first before putting on a new one?

Custom orders are the same price. Just put your request in the order notes on checkout and we will take care of it.

Your previous chrome delete will most likely need to be removed before installing ours. The tolerances are tight especially on the mirror section

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
Any pics of the dark grey, or really any color other than black, on a white car? I’m curious to see what that looks like, I personally am not feeling the black trim with the white for some reason but I don’t love the chrome either.

Currently only have the pictures below. Will try to build it out with more of the custom colors soon

Chrome Delete Gallery | Nikola Pro

How much was it for just the mirror and window trim? That’s all I really need too.

Are those wheels Stance SF03s? Very nice! I have the Vertini VS12, which is the forged version of those.

Yes those are Stance SF03's and Vertini is the sister company. Based on your profile and signature, those wheels on your car would look fire! But why do you need chrome delete for your mirror and window trim? Your sig says it's wrapped and chrome deleted already!

Yes those are Stance SF03's and Vertini is the sister company. Based on your profile and signature, those wheels on your car would look fire! But why do you need chrome delete for your mirror and window trim? Your sig says it's wrapped and chrome deleted already!
768433EF-975D-48E4-9F93-7B4A68A1EDED.jpeg

I have a satin black chrome delete but I’m thinking of changing it to satin dark gray.

Here's mine! The kit, with all the various pieces, works quite well. It's nicely designed and very user friendly. Just go buy it already! :)
I already had MSM door handle wraps but don't think it looks right. Pretty sure I'll be changing them to the included black door handle wraps that come with the Nikola Pro Kit. There's still some things I'll be doing to make the chrome delete shine but I already love being de-chromed! :)

Nikola Pro (2).jpg

Nikola Pro (3).jpg

Nikola Pro (1).jpg

View attachment 494586 One of the best products ive ever bought. Every piece with remarkably precise, the tools and videos are great. I was hesitant to do it myself but found it fairly easy, its just time consuming. If you have an entire day basically, i would do it yourself and make sure to watch the videos. Mine is satin black. Mirrors didnt come out great but that was more me starting to lose focus. Great purchase.
Glad to see you got yours! I remember us chatting when we were waiting FOREVER! My post is just above this one :)

Here's mine! The kit, with all the various pieces, works quite well. It's nicely designed and very user friendly. Just go buy it already! :)
I already had MSM door handle wraps but don't think it looks right. Pretty sure I'll be changing them to the included black door handle wraps that come with the Nikola Pro Kit. There's still some things I'll be doing to make the chrome delete shine but I already love being de-chromed! :)

View attachment 497415

View attachment 497416

View attachment 497414

Overall I think I did pretty good. Only exception was the driver mirror :( had to redo it and ended up w/ a crease on the 2nd try lol, still looks good though!
View attachment 497737

Looks amazing, both of you! Mind if we share the pictures on our Twitter?

Also, feel free to email us if you need a piece replaced :)